Print Thread
Chaff Collecting
BryanG
So I am looking to get my Chaff Collecting system designed so I can spec out parts, etc.

I am thinking a system that is doing 2 things would be great, Collect Chaff from the Air-roaster (up to 10lbs maybe) and also cool my beans.

I am looking to get 1 blower to pull the exhaust from the roaster, and also pull air through the cooling tray. route the air to a cyclonic collector, and then vent up to the heavens to taunt the neighbors.

I am looking at these blower motors used for Dust collectors in wood shops, they have piece fitted onto the intake that divides the intake into 2 ... humm. That would be nice... look at that...
http://www.wayfai...fid=TPNP49

I would also get the benefit of having the cooler air from the cooler mixing with the air from the roaster to cool the exhaust dramatically.

I think I would have it piped like this:
photos.thegiffordgang.net/d/768-2/collection.jpg

Questions ... how big a blower would I need? Where do you get that part bolted on the blower to get a divided intake?

Dan
Brian, That fitting is called a "Y" or wye. You can buy them separately and attach to any blower. To control each inlet flow, add blast gates on each leg of the wye.

www.woodcraft.com/Images/products/400/85O07.jpg

Since you are using a separate cyclonic collector, you only need a blower, not an entire dust collector system like in the link you provided.

hope this helps, Dan
1 pound electric sample roaster, 3 pound direct-flame roaster, both handmade; modified Mazzer Mini grinder, LaSpaziale Vivaldi II automatic espresso machine. When the electricity goes out I make vacpot coffee from beans ground on my Zassenhaus hand grinder, and heat the water with a teakettle on the gas range.

Avyossii
Hi Dan,
Can us please tell me what's the name of the item in your picture below and where can I buy it?
Thanks a lot

Yossi

JackH
I was able to locate it with Google images.

http://www.woodcr...-Gate.aspx

It looks like the same thing Dan listed.
---Jack

KKTO Roaster.

Avyossii
Thank you very much! woohoo :)

Jump to Forum: