Total Members: 7,601
Newest Member: heartwarriordad

View Thread

Who is here? 1 guest(s)
 Print Thread
Multiple PM's
ginny
Hi folks:

are any of you having an issue with receiving multiple PM's?

the same darn PM time and again.

please take a minute and let me know. thanks
in advance.

ginny

smoking

tamarian
No problem here, but I have no recent PM's.
Wa'il. 1 Kg PID'ed gas-fired fluid bed roaster, GS/3MPS, K10F

JackH
No trouble here either.

Jack
---Jack

KKTO Roaster.

allenb
I've had no issues either
1/2 lb and 1 lb drum, Siemens Sirocco fluidbed, presspot, chemex, cajun biggin brewer from the backwoods of Louisiana

ginny
Seems for now we have it fixed. Stephen aka Bird Fx is using a different email now and it seems to have solved the issue.

something in his old email must have gotten stuck in a loop. I am blaming it on the merge, my latest catch all for problems.

-g

cool

allenb
Hopefully that's all there is to it and it's fixed. cross fingers
1/2 lb and 1 lb drum, Siemens Sirocco fluidbed, presspot, chemex, cajun biggin brewer from the backwoods of Louisiana

JackH
Was it sending him duplicate email notifications and duplicating the PM's or just emails?
---Jack

KKTO Roaster.

ginny
well I spoke too soon:

the message below is from Stephen:

>>>mini4fun <[email protected]>

4:44 PM (11 hours ago)

to me
Ginny:

Only 1 PM registered on the "Messages " section of the Forum but 4 of these email notifications came through to the new email address.

Stephen

On Sep 10, 2013, at 3:19 PM, ginny <[email protected]> wrote:

BlrdFx,
You have received a new Private Message titled new email set from ginny at Homeroasters.org. You can read your private message at http://homeroasters.org/php/messages.php

You can disable email notification through the options panel of the Private Message page if you no longer wish to be notified of new messages.<<<

an ideas guys?

I have many HRO names with different email addresses and I use separate computers (3) so I can test this stuff and I cannot replicate this problem. I have asked Stephen to ask his isp why they are allowing multiples of the same message, there must be a reason.

This issue is going back months.

-g
Edited by ginny on 09/11/2013 6:54 AM

JackH
Can he try using a gmail account to test?

Is it only emails from homeroasters doing this?

What is his exact member name, I can't find any Bird FX in the member list.
---Jack

KKTO Roaster.

ginny
Please all remember that this is an open forum for members and admins, just an FYI.

BirdFx is on the second page of the b's down about 6 members. also miss placed in the roll.

will ask Stephen to get a gmail to see if we can bypass his isp; the me.com is an Apple extention so I doubt that is the problem but could be...

good thought why didn't I think of that? I do that all day trying to fix shit.

hmmm, brain drain and not looking forward to the slice and dice tomorrow.

-g

yes it is only HRO
Edited by ginny on 09/11/2013 9:42 AM

JackH
Another thing to check is if he has anything set to forward emails in his apple email settings.
---Jack

KKTO Roaster.

ginny
UPDATE

see 1 PM but received 4 email notifications.

A stuttering ForumGrin

so any ideas?

4 email notifications for the PM I just sent.

I will look to code now to see if I can solve the issue. I am going to manually set up a new account for Stephen to see if we can solve this...

I will ask for him to check the time stamps on the notices he is getting, perhaps forward them to me.

-g

ginny
OK Jack,

we have some issue and I am not sure what it is, Stephen will create his own new account. I need to go see if I can find his old one since is stuff is gone now...

my bad on that.

I forgot to move it with another name before I dumped the account, thank god it was not reams of stuff.

-g

JackH
I think this is a problem with iCloud and auto-forwarding. I haven't heard from Stephen yet but I told him to check the forwarding settings.

It seems there is a problem where it shows the forwarding function as unchecked but it is still enabled. The fix is to enable and disable it. Something to try.

It could also be a rule set to forward messages from a certain address.
---Jack

KKTO Roaster.

Jump to Forum: