Request a new one here.
Shoutbox
You must login to post a message.

12/05/2021 3:10 AM
Welcome, Johny Morrisson !

12/02/2021 6:47 AM
tahoeguy and sanakashyap220, coffee drink

12/01/2021 12:48 PM
Hey Ren, thanks for checking all the newcomers in!. You beat me to it most of the time but I am checking often. Grin

12/01/2021 6:16 AM
PGS_QLD, welcome !

11/29/2021 9:33 AM
Welcome, Andyc, coffeeswings and chuckster!

In Memory Of Ginny
Donations

Latest Donations
JackH - 25.00
snwcmpr - 10.00
Anonymous - 2.00
Anonymous - 5.00
Anonymous - 5.00
Users Online
Guests Online: 35

Members Online: 0

Total Members: 7,370
Newest Member: Johny Morrisson

View Thread

Who is here? 1 guest(s)
 Print Thread
TC4 Alternatives?
Dan
A pictorial assembly would be a great contribution.
1 pound electric sample roaster, 3 pound direct-flame roaster, both handmade; modified Mazzer Mini grinder, LaSpaziale Vivaldi II automatic espresso machine. When the electricity goes out I make vacpot coffee from beans ground on my Zassenhaus hand grinder, and heat the water with a teakettle on the gas range.

rustic_roaster
Jack,
Thanks for stepping up to start the first builds and documenting it.

If you dont have eagle cad loaded I can make a PDF of the silkscreen to use as an assembly drawing. Not really sure one is needed but it does not hurt.

Dan
I have some ideas on how I can contribute, too.

David, I agree on going with the "least common denominator" route. When I first posted about using the Arduino four years ago, my vision was having it simple enough that anyone could implement it.

http://forum.home...;pid=11755
1 pound electric sample roaster, 3 pound direct-flame roaster, both handmade; modified Mazzer Mini grinder, LaSpaziale Vivaldi II automatic espresso machine. When the electricity goes out I make vacpot coffee from beans ground on my Zassenhaus hand grinder, and heat the water with a teakettle on the gas range.

tamarian
Was wondering if we can do it with an Arduino Mini, since they're often at around $10.
Wa'il. 1 Kg PID'ed gas-fired fluid bed roaster, GS/3MPS, K10F

Dan
Tamarian, If memory serves, no pun intended, you need more RAM for the various roasting control sketches.

rustic_roaster
The minis dont have a USB port and you cant add a shields. Nanos have a USB but same no shield issue.

Watch on Amazon, I recently got a LCD shield and a Arduino UNO together for $20. I was going to provide a link but it is more now.

brennn
Hi guys,

I have a question about the SSRs on the sample TC4 schematic from Jim. ---> Is the SSR for the AC Fan different from the SSR for the heater coil? Could I just buy two of these: http://yourduino....&p=216 and be good to go?

leo-bsb
My setup was installed first on a Nano.
With some jumper cables you can do it.
Arduino clones are very cheap on Ebay or DX.

leo-bsb
Hi all,

here is the first beta version for the Roastlogger Uno DX.

https://docs.goog...sp=sharing

We are using the MAX31855 daughter board, LCD with buttons from DX.com and an Arduino Uno or similar.

Pins are:

D4,5,6,7,8,9 LCD
A0 buttons
D11,12,13. Max31855
D3 SSR Heater

We need to finish the sketch to add a Fan to PIN D10.
You may also use a bluetooth board with D0 and D1.

we need beta testers and to clean up the unused TC4C commands (most are tagged with a #) and libraries that are not being used. We are not using the PWM16, EEProm, lcd and TC4C specific ones.
Edited by JackH on 09/25/2013 3:59 PM

Dan
I'm going to follow this closely. I think you've come up with a great solution.

RAG
This can be done without an additional circuit board using a nano if you get one of the nano breakout boards that has screw connectors for each pin. Then wrap it all in duct tape. That's what I do;-] (I suppose things like the bluetooth and temp boards could be mounted on a perfboard you can get almost anywhere.)

I have worked out a dummy way with to do this with Artisan and netduino mini for BT/ET over bluetooth. Good for cheap easy logging. Need to do the fan and heater control next. (Hope I can use some of your code if you don't mind.)

btw..
I have noticed that Artisan sends PID;XOFF, CHAN;1200 before it sends a READ. Not sure why this is.

Keep up the great work. Anxious to see whats next.

MaKoMo
The PID;XOFF\n is send if the TC4 channels 5 and 6 are not configured as extra device in Artisan. If they are, Artisan sends on startup PID;XON\n with the consequence that two additional values are expected afters the usual 2-4 values. This extension is planed to be used by the aArtisan_PID sketch to graph the SVs (set values) for heater and fan. The original aArtisan just ignores this extra command. Further, Artisan sends a UNITS;u\n with u either C or F on setup.

ginny
it's helpful when you start a totally new thought in a thread to simply start a new thread with that topic.

other wise it simply gets lost and others who may have interest in the conversation will not find it...

the modifying software comments is now here:

http://forum.home...post_45981

-g

rockon
Edited by ginny on 09/29/2013 8:01 AM

Jump to Forum: