Members Online: 0

Total Members: 7,786
Newest Member: Zabbaskeema

View Thread

Who is here? 1 guest(s)
 Print Thread
Looking for used Fuji PXR4
jberks
Looking to pick up this PID, I want to run it with artisan.

Need it with the RTU modbus option, ramp/soak and and 4-20mA output options.

Suggestions are welcomed

Thanks,

Jamie

ginny
http://www.plccen...QgodbxcAWQ

is tis the one you want, these guy have some really good surplus stuff.

ginny

coffee drink

jberks
Thanks Ginny!

That might be exactly what I'm looking for, but I still need your help.

Based on its code PXR4-REY1-GV0A1 on the website, and Fuji's manual (page7) http://www.americas.fujielectric.com/sites/default/files/ECNO1125s.pdf

I can't tell if it has the RS-485 Modbus Option, According to the manual, the code shouldn't end with an A1

Anyone have any insight on this?

tamarian

jberks wrote:

Thanks Ginny!

That might be exactly what I'm looking for, but I still need your help.

Based on its code PXR4-REY1-GV0A1 on the website, and Fuji's manual (page7) http://www.americas.fujielectric.com/sites/default/files/ECNO1125s.pdf

I can't tell if it has the RS-485 Modbus Option, According to the manual, the code shouldn't end with an A1

Anyone have any insight on this?

The A1 part at the end, I think, relates to version/sales regions, and case front color. Not a big deal.

The RS-485 Modbus part is box 11, in this case '0', which means no RS-485 Modbus.

I have not used PXR, just PXG. PXG has a serial cable connector, in addition to RS-485 optional. Not sure if PXR has that, so maybe a PXR user can help confirm if there is a way to communicate remotely without RS-485?

If not, you can just use the front panel buttons to set ramp/soak and other options, and a thermocouple for data logging,
Wa'il. 1 Kg PID'ed gas-fired fluid bed roaster, GS/3MPS, K10F

jberks
Thanks Tamarian,

Ya that sucks. I wanted to use the the PXR to connect to my computer so I can have a real time curve to look at while I roast. As well as to data log all the roasts.

I could just buy a multimeter to do this, but if I'm going to spend $100, I might as well get a PXR so I can eventually use the ramp/soak and start automating the roast profiles.

Anyone have thoughts or experience with the PXR?

Thanks!

Jamie

allenb
I've used a PXR4 for quite a while on some of my other roasters and they're great ramp soak controllers. Setting up and changing ramp time/temps are fortunately very straight forward.

Mine is set up for the modbus and logging which is pretty good as well although not as fancy as Artisan. There's no way that I know of to communicate with your laptop without the RS232 provision. I had to purchase a RS232 adapter off ebay to make the tie-in to the two wire terminals. There are certain specs you need to look for when you order the adapter which Fuji states in their literature.

One thing nice about using the Fuji with data logging is its very rugged and easy to setup.

Allen
1/2 lb and 1 lb drum, Siemens Sirocco fluidbed, presspot, chemex, cajun biggin brewer from the backwoods of Louisiana

Jump to Forum: