Members Online: 0

Total Members: 8,165
Newest Member: Ramper

View Thread

Who is here? 1 guest(s)
 Print Thread
Cupping and Roasting courses at Diedrich
firstcrack
I didn't see another place to put this and received an ask to share.

I recently had an opportunity to head to Sandpoint Idaho and spend three full days with Stephen Diedrich. They did not require I have a Diedrich roaster (which I do not, I have an Ambex). They are extremely knowledgable, kind, and I learned tons.

Each day we had hands on roasting batches on two machines. One was an IR-5 (10 pounder) and an IR-12 (~25 pounder). We cupped each day a few times. Stephen himself taught the class which I did not expect, what a treat. He is a genuine and humble man that just loves coffee roasting and likes to teach excellence.

I would to this again in a heartbeat.

(Ginny, I hope this post was ok, I wasn't sure where else to put it.)

Brian
Brian King
Roaster / Owner
First Crack Roasters

ciel-007

firstcrack wrote:

... I recently had an opportunity to head to Sandpoint Idaho and spend three full days with Stephen Diedrich... Each day we had hands on roasting batches on two machines... I would to this again in a heartbeat...

Thanks Brian.
Might you be in a position to share a few "roasting secrets" that you discovered during those three incredible days? Perhaps pointers that might be directly applicable to the smaller "home" roasters like the Hottop, Quest M3, etc...
ciel
Ciel... seeking Heaven in my cup with ................................................................................................................. EXPOBAR Brewtus II - MAZZER Mini E - MAHLK?NIG Vario - GeneCafe - RAF-1 Extreme (Modified B-2 HOTTOP) - BellaTaiwan XJ-101

Jump to Forum: