Anonymous - 2.00
Anonymous - 5.00
Anonymous - 5.00

View Thread

Who is here? 1 guest(s)
 Print Thread
Dalian Amazon 1000 1kg Electric Roaster
boar_d_laze
An excellent, easy to use, and very consistent roaster.

The Amazon's strength is it's ability to produce well-developed, sweet roasts. It's weakness is that's all it can do.

Control highly effective if not sophisticated. Temperature and air flow are modulated by vent dampers mounted on rods. The Amazon dumps heat very effectively.

At 1500W, it is not highly powered for a 1kg roaster. Heat increase is very slow. Roast times for loads in excess of 500g, typically run around 17min to FC (allowing for three heat/smoke dumps at strategic roast milestones).

Sounds are easy to hear, aromas easy to smell.

Let me be very clear though, that Amazon roasts do not taste baked. Rather they are extremely sweet.

If you're interested in a fast, versatile roaster with sophisticated controls, it isn't for you. If you like to roast "hands on" and are roasting for a sweet, chocolate and nuts profile, this roaster is an enjoyable and effective.

The roaster will work on a 15A circuit, but 20A will give you more headroom. But for problems with our power supply I'd have kept it. After awhile one gets tired of peaking the power and resetting the (household) circuit breaker.

I purchased it unused, 10 months ago, with cosmetic damage suffered in shipping for $2400 I fixed the dents and replaced the control board cover. The roaster is in excellent mechanical and electrically condition. Cosmetics are imperfect, but very good. Use is less than 50kg.

$1200 firm, includes a 20A (Chinese) Variac, and a roasting lesson at your site if you aren't too far away. I cannot ship or deliver, so local pick up only.

BDL
USRC 1lb Roaster, Chemex+Kone, Espro, Various FPs, Royal Siphon Vacuum, Yama Ice Drip Tower, Bunnzilla, La Cimbali M21 Casa, Ceado E92.
CookFoodGood
boar_d_laze
Let me add that I'll thankfully accept payment by cash, personal check, or Paypal.

Also, apologies for typos in the fist post.

BDL
USRC 1lb Roaster, Chemex+Kone, Espro, Various FPs, Royal Siphon Vacuum, Yama Ice Drip Tower, Bunnzilla, La Cimbali M21 Casa, Ceado E92.
CookFoodGood
Jump to Forum: