11/21/2021 1:56 AM
Welcome, pimaCanyon and Chris Porter!

11/18/2021 3:29 AM
locotoro, ionpau and gougege, welcome cup

11/16/2021 12:53 AM
RidgevilleRoaster OH, _lg3, Yirgaman, Houncer and AgressivStreetLamp
welcome !

11/15/2021 9:57 AM
Welcome, jasper_8137, goldyy9 and Evermancg !

In Memory Of Ginny
Donations

Latest Donations
JackH - 25.00
snwcmpr - 10.00
Anonymous - 2.00
Anonymous - 5.00
Anonymous - 5.00
Users Online
Guests Online: 21

Members Online: 0

Total Members: 7,359
Newest Member: JackedUp

View Thread

Who is here? 1 guest(s)
 Print Thread
Super Automatic Espresso Machines
JETROASTER
I would not recommend unpacking without caffiene in your system.
There may be the water-hardness setting that has to be determined. There is the initial fill sequence....and having to adjust to a new set of controls.
I'll be digging into a CM5 tomorrow to change a component, I'll get some pics of all the inner workings.
Enjoy!! -Scott

ginny
arrived 30 minutes ago and I have pulled 3 cafe cremas to toss...

already

all set up was easy but it skipped the water hardness, never showed up and their strip makes no sense...

I will call them tomorrow to see if I can reset/set the water hardness.

I love this design, beautiful.

form follows function, lovely machine. if Apple made a super auto espresso it would be like this Miele...

if I had an espresso in the afternoon I would test now but I cannot do it.

this machine has it all and it feels real.

Scottie, thanks for the information you gave to me about this super auto; I am thrilled with this baby...

ginny

roar

ginny
Miele CM K Super Automatic thoughts:

Great machine, extremely well built, yes case is plastic but this is a very high grade
that is used on this machine, it does have some nice stainless add ons that simply make the machine look very cool...

I like the design of this CM 5K very much and it is SOLID. All arts are easy to access for cleaning.

I do believe that this is a superior machine to my much loved Solis 5K that was used for 12 plus years. The main reason is simply that I have many choices with this Miele that I did not have on my Solis 5K.

My Solis had limited choices for preparing my cafe cremas or for a simple cup of Joe...

With the Miele I have brew temperature, serving size, bean by-pass ability, this also come with a lovely stainless cappuccinatore for frothing and heating milk and the burr grinder is excellent. So clearly more choices.

Very straight forward and easy to dial in what you want with the digital control panel is right in front.

Price pint I feel was very good. I paid 1K for my Solis 5K and this was a 1299 plus shipping so for not much more I have a lot more machine. Clearly in the last decade these Super Autos have come a long way. Compared to the other Super Autos out there there is a lot of bang for the buck with this Miele CM 5K.

The cafe cremas were super this morning, hot enough, crema just right. I am sure I will tweak here and there for testing with different beans for my espresso and simply serving the rest of the household cups of coffee. They still buy Folgers instant if you can believe it...

For me this was the right choice.

ginny

party
Edited by ginny on 03/13/2014 11:52 AM

JETROASTER
Glad you're enjoying it!! You'll have it dialed-in soon enough.

I'm working on a CM5 right now. It seems like the not-so-clever consumer took the brew assembly apart....maybe to clean, then reassembled incorrect.

Cheers

Max Heatgun
Here's a sneek peek inside the CM5. "Authorized Use Only"

-Max
Max Heatgun attached the following images:
heater_drive.jpg upper_plus_grinder.jpg

Barrie
My imediate reaction to the diagrams was "OMG, how would I ever get it together again?" Roflmao
Just kidding.
Barrie (San Diego, CA)
"So much to learn, so little time."
Hottop 2K+., Artisan, Jura Capresso ENA 3 (i.e. espresso).

Jump to Forum: