Password

Not a member yet?
Click here to register.

Forgotten your password?
Request a new one here.
Shoutbox
You must login to post a message.

05/14/2021 4:28 AM
Jun Park, happycamper, Fionakev, Welcome !

05/13/2021 1:08 AM
jspada, welcome !

05/12/2021 12:52 AM
jrccole0112, Welcome !

05/11/2021 2:53 AM
Welcome, Frisky turkey & Robb77 !

05/08/2021 6:42 PM
Quidgybo Welcome! beach

Community Spotlight
Brainiac
Posts Count:89

Halogen Radiant Roaster
Hybrid Air Roaster
In Memory Of Ginny
Donations

Latest Donations
JackH - 25.00
snwcmpr - 10.00
Anonymous - 2.00
Anonymous - 5.00
Anonymous - 5.00
Users Online
Guests Online: 13

Members Online: 0

Total Members: 7,185
Newest Member: Fionakev

View Thread

Who is here? 1 guest(s)
 Print Thread
2013 Holiday Bean Swap
oldgearhead
Add my name to the list:
OGH
No oil on my beans...
Airhan
Bump. Anyone else want to join?
Aaron
"Grind it like it did you some great injustice!"D.L.Clark
allenb
Last call Shock

Calling all coffee enthusiasts who want to find out how coffee's from other roasters are tasting and maybe get an idea if you like the other guy's/Gals's type of roaster better when you cup their offering and/or afterwards compare notes on how they got that neat taste in the cup.

This is a very fun event so please jump in and give it a whirl!

Last call!

Swap elf

christmas tree
1/2 lb and 1 lb drum, Siemens Sirocco fluidbed, presspot, chemex, cajun biggin brewer from the backwoods of Louisiana
ginny
Results are in, this was done very carefully by my 13.6 pounder, Mr. Manny, he was pawing the pieces of paper on the floor and managed to make 6 sets for us...

we have:

ginny and boar_d_laze

allen and RAG

Rev Roaster and oldgearhead

rick carter and snwcmpr

lawnmowerman and Airhan

jknoll42 and Bodka Coffee

Send your partner a PM, get the address and send when you wish, this is always a fun and wonderful way to try our beans on another roaster and coffee lover.

After you have received your gift it would be great to share your thoughts about the roast here...

No we are all not cuppers but we know what we like and clearly know the difference between Folgers and fresh roasted coffee.

All roasters like to get feedback for better or worse...

Plesae accept my thanks for your participation in the 2013 Bean Swap,

thanks all,

ginny

roar
allenb
One PM in the mail to RAG from Holiday Swap elf.

christmas tree
1/2 lb and 1 lb drum, Siemens Sirocco fluidbed, presspot, chemex, cajun biggin brewer from the backwoods of Louisiana
RAG
Wow I scored! Thanks Mr. Manny.

Thanks Allen for not calling in sick.
snwcmpr
PM sent to Rick Carter.

Ken in NC
--------------
Backwoods Roaster
"I wish I could taste as well as I wish I could roast."

As Abraham Lincoln said "Do not trust everything you read on the internet".
rick carter
PM returned to snwcmpr!

it's on, wooo hoo!

BBQ grill
jkoll42
PM received and just returned. Love the swap!
-Jon
Honey badger 1k, Bunn LPG-2E, Technivorm, Cimbali Max Hybrid, Vibiemme Double Domo V3
oldgearhead
Okay..I've never 'swapped'
before. How about posting a link to the instructions?
No oil on my beans...
snwcmpr
The instructions are in the first post.

Ken in NC
--------------
Backwoods Roaster
"I wish I could taste as well as I wish I could roast."

As Abraham Lincoln said "Do not trust everything you read on the internet".
Airhan
There is a wonderful parcel in the hands of the united states post service on it's way to lawnmowerman!
Aaron
ginny
Airhan,

thanks again for participating in this 2013 Bean Swap.

-g
Lawnmowerman
12 oz png to by sent to Airhan as soon as i get to post office. Just im case its a crappy roast, lm including 300 g greens. All crammed into a flat rate box. I am drinking it this morning after about 12 hrs. I believe this might be pretty good. Its certainly not bad.cross fingers
Bad coffee prevails when good coffee roasters stand by and do nothing.
allenb

Lawnmowerman wrote:

12 oz png to be sent to Airhan as soon as i get to post office. Just in case its a crappy roast,cross fingers

Here's something to hopefully ease the minds of anyone in the swap who's fearful of possibly sending out a less than stellar roast. Even most "crappy" roasts are miles ahead of what's typically available down at the local "specialty coffee" house up the road. So, if any of us happens to get a mediocre batch of Holiday Swap beans, we're still getting pretty darn decent coffee.

Also, to stay in the spirit of the Holidays, if you happen to end up with coffee that tastes like it came out of a wet ash tray, feel free to just thank the other person for the gesture within the forum and keep constructive negative criticism private.

Enjoy the Holiday Swap and the Christmas Holidays!

Allen
jkoll42

allenb wrote:

Lawnmowerman wrote:

12 oz png to be sent to Airhan as soon as i get to post office. Just in case its a crappy roast,cross fingers

Here's something to hopefully ease the minds of anyone in the swap who's fearful of possibly sending out a less than stellar roast. Even most "crappy" roasts are miles ahead of what's typically available down at the local "specialty coffee" house up the road. So, if any of us happens to get a mediocre batch of Holiday Swap beans, we're still getting pretty darn decent coffee.

Also, to stay in the spirit of the Holidays, if you happen to end up with coffee that tastes like it came out of a wet ash tray, feel free to just thank the other person for the gesture within the forum and keep constructive negative criticism private.

Enjoy the Holiday Swap and the Christmas Holidays!

Allen

best post

That is all.
-Jon
Honey badger 1k, Bunn LPG-2E, Technivorm, Cimbali Max Hybrid, Vibiemme Double Domo V3
Bodka Coffee
I sent mine a few days ago. Hope he likes it. I wish I'd thought of sending green along just in case.cross fingers
USRC 5 kg
jkoll42
Beans have landed - Thanks Bodka - smell good and nice bag. Will be pulling shots this weekend in the snow! Also will be roasting your beans this weekend so watch your mailbox ThumbsUp
-Jon
Airhan
Lawnmowerman, I'm looking forward to trying some png! woohoo
Aaron
Lawnmowerman
Airhan: it was sent yesterday. I was eagerly awaiting the arrival of your package today. Not yet. Looking forward to some rwanda. I have enough png left from the same roast you recieved to make one pot so I will know what it tastes like when you get it. Should be interesting.
Bad coffee prevails when good coffee roasters stand by and do nothing.
Jump to Forum: