Members Online: 0

Total Members: 7,784
Newest Member: drygrounds

View Thread

Who is here? 1 guest(s)
 Print Thread
HotTop for sale KN-8828B-2
snwcmpr
Per rules I will try to post correctly. Mods please let me know if I miss something.

FOR SALE:
HotTop model KN-8828B-2

Price:

$400.00 USD plus shipping

Order of preference of sale:
I will give first preference to POSTS expressing interest in the item. I would like questions posted openly in the forum, unless they are of a personal nature. I will then prefer personal information be exchanged in PM (personal messages).
So, if you express interest in purchase, you will be placed in front of someone who simply asks about the roaster. Expressing interest is not a commitment to buy, just an order of preference.

This roaster was purchased directly from HotTop March 2011. The reason I am selling this .. I have a fluidbed that can roast 1 lb per batch.

This roaster has been used exclusively by me at home for my consumption and an occasional gift. I will not estimate lbs roasted. I quit using this roaster in June 2013. I roasted 1/2 lb batches.

I have included a 6" 'K' probe purchased from Auber Instruments, a home made bean chute cover (Randy's design) to accommodate this probe, and a digital thermometer purchased from Sweet Marias. The digital thermometer also includes the 'K' probe SM provides with it, new in package. The original bean chute cover parts are included.

There are some 'brand new in box' filters. And 2 each used filters, top and back. I have cleaned the fan filter after every 20 roasts and reused it. I cleaned them by soaking in Full Circle brand Urnex cleaner.

An extra fan and cover was purchased because I thought the exhaust fan was defective, but it was simply the installation. When put back correctly, it was quiet again. Both fans, in the machine and the extra are USED.

The instruction manual and my home made chart is included.

All items in the box are included in the photos, if you don't see it, please ask.
I just cleaned it last night, turned on the heat, watched everything work. I took off the front and back covers and vacuumed and brushed chaff away from the parts.
There is no damage, but a few screws are 'susceptible to being over tightened' as mentioned in threads on this forum. But, all parts are well fitted and held in place as designed.

? Payment Methods accepted
I prefer PayPal, but may consider other options.

? Shipping Terms
The items all packed in the Original Box weighs 25.52 lbs. So, I would have to calculate what the shipping cost would be, depending on your choices for shipping. If you wish to calculate yourself ... Shipping from zip code 28786 Or PM me your zip code and I will estimate it. I can ship USPS, FedEx, or UPS.

? Return Policy
? Warranty Services
NONE!! This is a used item sold AS IS.
Please ask questions, openly here, before you consider this item.
This forum is an excellent source of information about this roasters pros and cons.

Ken in NC
Edited by snwcmpr on 12/21/2013 9:16 AM
--------------
Backwoods Roaster
"I wish I could taste as well as I wish I could roast."

As Abraham Lincoln said "Do not trust everything you read on the internet".

snwcmpr
I could not get this post to upload with the pictures, so I will try again here.

Ken in NC
snwcmpr attached the following images:
hottop_009.jpg hottop_001.jpg hottop_003.jpg hottop_002.jpg hottop_006.jpg hottop_004.jpg hottop_008.jpg hottop_007.jpg

--------------
Backwoods Roaster

smico
Half a price for almost new roaster. Tempting, tempting to get a spare...
Hottop B2 + HTC, Cremina 83, OE Pharos, Brewtus IIIR, Baratza Vario

MichaelRpdx
Do you know if it can be converted to a -K version Hottop?
Another "tempting, tempting..." person.

snwcmpr
There are a lot of posts here on modifying the hot top. I used a probe, that's the only modification I made. When the K version came out I asked Michael at hot top, he didn't think that putting in the K probe in would be cost effective. But others here on the forum have done much more than that.
--------------
Backwoods Roaster

ginny
Just go to the Hot op USA site, they have a link for the upgrade panels.

not sure if this one can...

ginny

make sure you have your HT model number correct

CorsaGT
I'm interested. PM sent.

snwcmpr
SOLD and shipped.
Thank you all.
Ken in NC
--------------
Backwoods Roaster

MichaelRpdx

SOLD and shipped.

Thank you!

Army Coffee

MichaelRpdx wrote:

SOLD and shipped.

Thank you!

Quick and the Dead...

Best of Luck!

Drew
NEC ASPERA TERRENT

North TJ-072 2kg Roaster, Hottop 8828B, Gene Cafe Roaster, Baratza Vario Grinder, Breville SmartGrinder, Behmor Brazen, Cona "D", Bialetti Moka Express, Aero-Press, Quick Mill QM67

MichaelRpdx
Should Ken snwcmpr ever put anything up for sale that you are remotely interested in having, buy it. He packed the Hottop and the extras well, shipped instantly and then dogged UPS about just where was the roaster today when UPS was providing a couple of different stories on the location.

First roast went well too.
Portland, Oregon roasting with Popper to start; Behmor 2007 - 2013; Hottop 2014 - now,
What to do with TC4 parts now that I have Hottop 2k+ ??

snwcmpr
That is kind of you to say. I am glad you are happy with the purchase and thank you for the kind words.
I have had the same from others here. Jack & Allen. The swap with Rick was outstanding.
I look forward to more great exchanges on this forum.

Ken in NC
--------------
Backwoods Roaster

Jump to Forum: