You must login to post a message.

10/21/2021 2:41 AM
muckymuck, mckinleyharris and williamjonex welcome cup

10/19/2021 6:22 AM
Welcome tarunk!

10/17/2021 12:40 PM
Ploni and nader fouad, Welcome!

10/15/2021 2:19 AM
merlot85, maycondelpiero and hoeltz, Welcome !

10/14/2021 10:06 AM
Thanks for the addition to the group. Seriously considering building a drum roaster along the lines of oldgrumpus's. Love the design and craftsmanship.

In Memory Of Ginny
Donations

Latest Donations
JackH - 25.00
snwcmpr - 10.00
Anonymous - 2.00
Anonymous - 5.00
Anonymous - 5.00
Users Online
Guests Online: 14

Members Online: 0

Total Members: 7,369
Newest Member: williamjonex

View Thread

Who is here? 1 guest(s)
 Print Thread
Hey! I am from Tampa, FL
IntrepidQ3
Happy Holidays and New Year!

I dove headfirst in to this rabbit hole about a month ago. I was pointed to this forum about a week ago and have not had the time till now to post. I feel I have learned a lot about roasting so far, but feel like I have learned nothing at the same time. Funny how that works out. This place seems like a wonderful resource for a budding roasting enthusiast!

Currently I am roasting in an West Bend Air Crazy popcorn popper. This was a cheap and great away to get started, but after roasting a little over 5lbs I am ready to upgrade to something that could handle a little more weight! I will have to do some searching on this site to see what others are using.

As of now I am not favoring a specific bean, I am still exploring the magnitude of flavors from various countries. I am loving the journey so far never knew coffee was so complex! Though, if I had to pick one that I would have to say it would be the Ethiopiques Blend from SM.

Look forward to diving into this forum! woohoo
Bonsai Doug
Hello! I love the Tampa/Clearwater/St. Pete areas of Florida; lots of friends and relatives there.

I too started on the Air Crazy, and still using it. But I see a Behmor 1600 in my very near future. The Ethiopiques Blend and the Liquid Amber have been my favorite espresso blends so far.

Gotta love this hobby!
snwcmpr
Hobby!!!!
I wish it was just a hobby. . . . (Just kidding)

Welcome to the group. I started a few years ago with a popper, then a HotTop, now I use a well made air roaster with controllable propane heat and a controllable fan that roasts in a glass tube. Temperature readouts help me know what is going on, I am not one that can use my senses, as others here can do so well. 1 pound batches and am finding coffee tastes soooo much better.

I've never been to Tampa, but have friends, from there, that come up here, Smoky Mountains, a couple times a year.

Ken in NC
--------------
Backwoods Roaster
"I wish I could taste as well as I wish I could roast."

As Abraham Lincoln said "Do not trust everything you read on the internet".
Jump to Forum: