Click here to register.

Forgotten your password?
Request a new one here.
Shoutbox
You must login to post a message.

10/17/2021 12:40 PM
Ploni and nader fouad, Welcome!

10/15/2021 2:19 AM
merlot85, maycondelpiero and hoeltz, Welcome !

10/14/2021 10:06 AM
Thanks for the addition to the group. Seriously considering building a drum roaster along the lines of oldgrumpus's. Love the design and craftsmanship.

10/14/2021 4:00 AM
Morning, ar3mia ! and... coffee drink

10/12/2021 11:55 AM
Evan Slack and CupOfJoe, Welcome !

In Memory Of Ginny
Donations

Latest Donations
JackH - 25.00
snwcmpr - 10.00
Anonymous - 2.00
Anonymous - 5.00
Anonymous - 5.00
Users Online
Guests Online: 18

Members Online: 0

Total Members: 7,362
Newest Member: nader fouad

View Thread

Who is here? 1 guest(s)
 Print Thread
New industry situation for me
Randy G
I wanted to state publicly that as of Jan 1, 2014 my relationship with Hottop has changed. Up to that date, Hottop USA was a client for which I created the Hottop website and manual and served their other graphic arts needs. My duties with the company have expanded as of the first of this year, and I am now working for them on a more formal, paid annual-salary basis, so in terms of my standing here and on other forms, I now consider myself a part-time "employee" of Hottop USA.

Life's too short to drink bad coffee.
MichaelRpdx
Congratulations! Hottop is now better than ever.
Portland, Oregon roasting with Popper to start; Behmor 2007 - 2013; Hottop 2014 - now,
What to do with TC4 parts now that I have Hottop 2k+ ??
ginny
Randy:

congratulations on your new adventure...

you know, by posing this, you will be the go to guy for Hot Top, great.

ginny
snwcmpr
Congratulations Randy.
Ken in NC
--------------
Backwoods Roaster
"I wish I could taste as well as I wish I could roast."

As Abraham Lincoln said "Do not trust everything you read on the internet".
jkoll42
Nice - Congrats!

Instead of a company trying to infiltrate a homeroasters board we have a homeroaster infiltrating a company!
-Jon
Honey badger 1k, Bunn LPG-2E, Technivorm, Cimbali Max Hybrid, Vibiemme Double Domo V3
MichaelRpdx

ginny wrote:
you know, by posing this, you will be the go to guy for Hot Top, great.

Will be? I thought he already was the Hottop go to guy.
Portland, Oregon roasting with Popper to start; Behmor 2007 - 2013; Hottop 2014 - now,
What to do with TC4 parts now that I have Hottop 2k+ ??
Randy G

jkoll42 wrote:
Instead of a company trying to infiltrate a homeroasters board we have a homeroaster infiltrating a company!

That is freakin' hilarious!

The best part now is that I can buy the Scotch I like without worry as to budget. Like coffee, I do not drink Scotch much, but life's too short to drink the bad of either! That, and the German Shepherd Puppy we are planning on bringing home!

OH, NO! PUPPY HELL!
(I love puppy breath!)

jkoll42
Well now you threadjacked your own thread... SCOTCH THREAD!

Balvenie 15 for extra special occasions, Balvenie Doublewood if not 15.
-Jon
Honey badger 1k, Bunn LPG-2E, Technivorm, Cimbali Max Hybrid, Vibiemme Double Domo V3
coffeeroastersclub

Randy G wrote:

jkoll42 wrote:

That is freakin' hilarious!

The best part now is that I can buy the Scotch I like without worry as to budget. Like coffee, I do not drink Scotch much, but life's too short to drink the bad of either! That, and the German Shepherd Puppy we are planning on bringing home!

OH, NO! PUPPY HELL!
(I love puppy breath!)

Randy, best wishes with the new position at Hottop. And awesome on the German Shepherd puppy. Our GSD (Kaiser vom Nordostenhaus) is now 4 years old and we got him when he was 6 weeks old. He scored mostly 2's and 1's on the Volhard GSD Personality test. He is an amazing dog; bicolor and not neutered. 85 pounds, working line. He granddad was a paratrooper german shepherd in the Czech army (he is now 13 years old). Huge dog 130 lbs. Kaiser's mother is straight form Germany.

Anyway, best of luck.

Len rockon
"If this is coffee, please bring me some tea but if this is tea, please bring me some coffee." ~Abraham Lincoln
John Despres
Congratulations, Randy! Great news indeed.

18 year old Glengoyne.

JD
Respect the bean.
John Despres
Fresh Roast 8, Gene Cafe, JYTT 1k, Quest M3, Mazzer Mini, Technivorm, various size presses and many more brewers.
Randy G
My taste preferences go towards sweet and fruity. The Macallan 12YO single malt is our go to. We love it, and all the reviews I read of it are very positive.

Thanks to all here for the wonderful responses.

Barrie

Randy G wrote:
Thanks to all here for the wonderful responses.

One more 'Hurrah' on the formalizing, Randy, and on the well-deserved positive comments. Can you tell us anything about your job title or description? Uber-consultant perhaps? Writer-in Chief? Does this move on Michael's part relate to the new super HT in some way?
Barrie (San Diego, CA)
"So much to learn, so little time."
Hottop 2K+., Artisan, Jura Capresso ENA 3 (i.e. espresso).
boar_d_laze
So they finally made an honest man out of you? Congratulations on formalizing the relationship!

BDL
USRC 1lb Roaster, Chemex+Kone, Espro, Various FPs, Royal Siphon Vacuum, Yama Ice Drip Tower, Bunnzilla, La Cimbali M21 Casa, Ceado E92.
CookFoodGood
Ringo
Two words "FREE SAMPLES". Congratulation on the new job.
All you need in life is ignorance and confidence, and then success is sure. Mark Twain
Randy G

Ringo wrote:
Two words "FREE SAMPLES". Congratulation on the new job.

I've been getting free samples since the very first Hottop roaster came to the US, before they were even for sale! I still have that roaster but don't use it. it is virtually a museum piece! And since I am they guy who has to (GETS TO!) do all the documentation, I HAVE to get new models firs, and I also do a lot of testing for them, like when a control panel design changes, for testing. It's a perk, sort of like what Hugh Hefner gets... sort of.

Randy G

boar_d_laze wrote:

So they finally made an honest man out of you? Congratulations on formalizing the relationship!

BDL

I've been an honest man for a LONG time, and have the Eagle Scout card in my wallet to prove it. That, and no police record. Grin

Randy G

Barrie wrote:

One more 'Hurrah' on the formalizing, Randy, and on the well-deserved positive comments. Can you tell us anything about your job title or description? Uber-consultant perhaps? Writer-in Chief? Does this move on Michael's part relate to the new super HT in some way?

My old duties remain- webmaster and development of that content as need be, along with creation and editing of the owners manuals and advertising medium. I am also now assisting with customer support. Not at all related to the new model.

JETROASTER
Congrats!! Reward yourself!
Most of what this importer has is worth a try. Mostly highland and speyside. Not much islay from them. This is a personal fav.
http://www.gordon...3-467.html

Cheers, -Scott
zombie girl
that is one fine sipper Scott, I agree.

zc

smoking

with a cigar
How to post Photos, Videos?
Please visit the Homeroasters Forum How To section here:

http://www.homero...?cat_id=16
smico
Congratulations Randy.
It's nice to see that your contributions for the success of the Hottop roaster have been recognized.
I always say that we, home-roasters, have been blessed with several companies lead by smart and passionate people that stand by their product with great support, and care about customers.
Cheers,
Miroslav
Hottop B2 + HTC, Cremina 83, OE Pharos, Brewtus IIIR, Baratza Vario
Jump to Forum: