Request a new one here.
Shoutbox
You must login to post a message.

renatoa
04/17/2024 9:27 AM
morning, branchu

renatoa
04/14/2024 5:56 AM
TheOtherJim and papajim, welcome to forum !

allenb
04/11/2024 6:33 PM
Zemona Welcome

renatoa
04/11/2024 9:19 AM
Mrbones and sgupta, coffee drink ?

renatoa
04/10/2024 1:09 AM
welcome cup, Ed K

In Memory Of Ginny
Donations

Latest Donations
dmccallum - 10.00
JackH - 25.00
snwcmpr - 10.00
Anonymous - 2.00
Anonymous - 5.00
Users Online
Guests Online: 3

Members Online: 0

Total Members: 8,208
Newest Member: branchu

View Thread

Who is here? 1 guest(s)
 Print Thread
Growth in home roasting...
JETROASTER
Thanks for posting. It looks gorgeous. I apologize that my question is not technical and slightly off topic but.....

Based on your studies, how much growth has homeroasting experienced in the past say...5 years? ...and what does the future look like?

Thanks again, -Scott

Aillio
Hi Scott

Thanks for the kind words.
To be honest, I dont know the statistics, but there is a growing interest for sure.
When I talk to the companies in Scandinavia selling home roasters, they say the market is growing steadily, but the biggest problem there is actually having a roaster to sell.
The Gene Cafe is banned, and so is the Hot Top and Behmore. With what I have been told, mostly because of failing the food grade tests. Hard to grow a market when there is nothing to sell.

ginny
Jonas:

is the Quest banned as well? why are these roasters banned?

I am surprised but I an not educated in the politics in Scandinavia.

I had not idea that the major players in the home roasting market were banned.

thanks in advance,

ginny

ginny
I did notice last week a fellow in Scandinavia on Kickstarter with a home coffee roaster. I will go look since I may have kept the link.

-g

Aillio
From what I heard, they lack the food grade certificate, and each importer would have to get his own- expensive! The Gene had some issues with the plastics inside the roast chamber. But I have only received info from a single source- might not be 100% accurate.
The quest is from what I know not sold in Scandinavia.

Its really too bad, as it doesn't help getting the word out about home roasting.

JETROASTER
I'd be curious how many units Quest is selling. That would be a pretty strong barometer.

From what I've seen, tinkerers and folks on a budget will typically build. Those that are not mechanical will buy. If buyers get hooked on the experience, they will buy better.
The Quest price point seemed high to me....but I'm a tinkerer.
It seems like Quest buyers are enjoying the experience, and the price didn't stop them.
In some cases, people have spent more on their roaster than they spent on their oven!
Cheers, -Scott

Jump to Forum: