Members Online: 0

Total Members: 7,788
Newest Member: ediblemanager

View Thread

Who is here? 1 guest(s)
 Print Thread
Help re-wiring bread machine
eds
Hey, I've read (and re-read) the tutorial but this machine seems different. This is the 2nd one I"m attempting to mod so I hope I can get it this time.

As you can see in the pics, I have three wires (red, blue, white) coming from the motor. The don't go into the starter capacitor though - the go into the circuit board.

Theres an orange and blue wire on the right of the pic that are from the AC cord.

The black and white wires in the middle of the pic are for the heating element I believe.

I'm just stumped as to what I should do - any help is appreciated!
eds attached the following images:
rsz_220140323_222318.jpg rsz_120140323_222430.jpg

Lawnmowerman
If you have a voltmeter you can trace for line voltage. Find the mode that runs the motor . Find the neutral connection that should go all the way to the plug from the motor. Test between here and whatever line voltage you find. Once yove found line voltage, unplug the unit. Then connect a jumper between this line voltage point back to the hot side of the plug, bypassing all the control circuitry. If you have done this correctly, upon replugging the unit momentarily, it should run. Only plug it in momentarily just in case its not correct. But...if it runs, you can plug it back in, observe it, and decide what needs to be taken out. This procecure doesnt use color codes. I have used it for two different machines with no hangups. Hope this works for you.
Bad coffee prevails when good coffee roasters stand by and do nothing.

allenb
Pull the circuit board and identify through the traces on the board how the start capacitor is connecting to the motor wiring so you know what you're doing and not just hoping for it to work. This way you can intelligently wire up an on/off switch to the motor and get rid of the control board and all unnecessary stuff.

Also, unless you're very comfortable with tinkering with electricity, I would be very careful and don't try altering things live! Let us know what you find and decide to do with the mod before moving forward.

Be safe!

Allen
1/2 lb and 1 lb drum, Siemens Sirocco fluidbed, presspot, chemex, cajun biggin brewer from the backwoods of Louisiana

jkoll42
I had the same issue when I did my BM roaster. I agree with what Allen said, it's easiest to follow the traces on the circuit board.

I also agree to be careful with mains current. I always like to plug modified electronics like this into a cheap surge strip with a fuse and turn it on with the switch on the strip. The fuse is going to pop before a breaker will and will give you a little more sacrificial protection IMHO.
-Jon
Honey badger 1k, Bunn LPG-2E, Technivorm, Cimbali Max Hybrid, Vibiemme Double Domo V3

Jump to Forum: