Total Members: 7,784
Newest Member: drygrounds

View Thread

Who is here? 1 guest(s)
 Print Thread
Lease commercial roaster
anumenon
Hey there,

Is there anyone in or around New York city interested in leasing their commercial roaster (maximum batch size ranging from 5 kilo to 12 kilo) by the hour or couple of hours on a weekly basis?

Thanks!

ginny
I seriously doubt that you will have anyone here who has a roaster that size.

Plus you have been here for several months, never posted and not even told us a thing about yourself.

ginny

anumenon
Hey Ginny,

I have been home-roasting for a few months - first with a modified popper, then a Behmor and now upgrading to a Huky. I've been selling to some friends & other folks, with pretty good feedback, so wanted to upgrade my capacity.

I've seen some posts from people moving from home-roasting to commercial roasting, so I was wondering if anyone on this forum might be interested in leasing out their roaster by the hour.

JETROASTER
anumenon,
You might consider looking around your area for someone that would toll-roast for you.
You can still choose your beans and desired profiles. They would charge a flat rate for the service, then you distribute as you choose.
-Scott

anumenon
Thanks Scott - I have been looking around, but haven't found one that works for me yet.

If anyone has any leads in this area, please let me know. Thanks!

ginny

but haven't found one that works for me yet.

what does this mean? no one wants to lease/rent or...

ginny

quest3
I would look around some of the neighborhoods where you live and perhaps you may find a smaller roaster willing to let you use their roaster but since it's their livelihood many may not want some so new to roasting "use" their equipment.

q3

anumenon
Thanks q3. I agree about people not wanting someone new to use their equipment, so it's not easy.

I had seen on one of these forums about someone leasing their roaster by the hour in another area (I can't find that thread though!), so I thought I might try my luck to see if there was a small scale roaster on this forum.

@ginny - the ones that didn't work were too far (upstate NY), getting ready in a month or 2, or have too big a capacity for me to start with. Not sure if any of them will want me to share their info on a public forum, so I wont.

Jump to Forum: