Request a new one here.
Shoutbox
You must login to post a message.

10/17/2020 7:46 PM
Roasted Ethiopian Burka Guidina Estate Natural Organic from Limmu

10/07/2020 9:13 AM
Happy Mug .. Uganda Bugisu on its way.

10/05/2020 2:44 PM
yes, big thanks for getting homeroasters upgraded and cleaned up! Remember, no less than 3 wheels!

10/03/2020 9:22 AM
Thank you for all that you do!!!

09/28/2020 9:48 AM
Working on site improvements, bare with me. smoking

Users Online
Guests Online: 6

Members Online: 0

Total Members: 6,785
Newest Member: iceman42
In Memory Of Ginny
Donations

Latest Donations
Anonymous - 5.00
Anonymous - 5.00
renatoa - 2.00
JitterzZ - 2.01
renatoa - 2.00

View Thread

Who is here? 1 guest(s)
 Print Thread
Belaroma FB Roaster
gor
Hey guys,

This FB is an old one but you guys might find it interesting.

US5185171 is the patent document number

I'll put up a couple of pics when I work out how to do it.

Cheers
gor attached the following images:
us5185171-1.png us5185171-3.png r1_r2.jpg

Edited by gor on 03/26/2014 5:14 AM
gor
Another pic of the roasters being setup.
gor attached the following image:
stack.jpg
tamarian
Is this still in production? Who sells it?
Wa'il. 1 Kg PID'ed gas-fired fluid bed roaster, GS/3MPS, K10F
gor
The roasters were made in the 90's. Only used and secondhand examples are available, although these are becoming harder to find.
They are a very good design, can roast continuously and use commercial grade components. The smaller unit has 11Kw element while larger one has 18Kw.
Depending on the roast profile, the larger one averages 13 kg /hr while the smaller one about 6/hr.
Improvements to the design are in my head and one day I will build it .
allenb
A question for gor and oldgearhead

Is there any connection between Ian Bersten (Belaroma roller roaster) and Michael Allpress and his A.R.T roaster?

Allen
1/2 lb and 1 lb drum, Siemens Sirocco fluidbed, presspot, chemex, cajun biggin brewer from the backwoods of Louisiana
gor
OK, this is just my opinion based on the designs of the two roasters.

They are both different in the way that the fluid bed is applied. The ART roaster has more in common with the Sivetz and quite possibly has aspects of the Neuhaus roast chamber, incorporated into its own design.

The Belaroma applies the fluid bed in a horizontal direction which is so different compared to the others. Ian Bersten 'invented' a four-minute coffee roaster. Indeed, my roasters are capable of this claim, if I were to really crank them up.
allenb
I hadn't realized the two designs were so different. I definitely see the similarities between the ART and the Neuhaus. I thought I had seen the word "Belaroma" come up with both Bersten and Allpress but am probably mistaken. The Belaroma roller roaster has one of the most unusual designs for a fluidbed roast chamber I've ever come across. Must have taken an incredible amount of R&D!

Allen
1/2 lb and 1 lb drum, Siemens Sirocco fluidbed, presspot, chemex, cajun biggin brewer from the backwoods of Louisiana
Jump to Forum: