renatoa
04/18/2024 12:36 AM
bijurexim, greyberry2, N C, welcome2

renatoa
04/17/2024 9:27 AM
morning, branchu

renatoa
04/14/2024 5:56 AM
TheOtherJim and papajim, welcome to forum !

allenb
04/11/2024 6:33 PM
Zemona Welcome

In Memory Of Ginny
Donations

Latest Donations
dmccallum - 10.00
JackH - 25.00
snwcmpr - 10.00
Anonymous - 2.00
Anonymous - 5.00
Users Online
Guests Online: 2

Members Online: 1
4daniel

Total Members: 8,212
Newest Member: eximwind

View Thread

Who is here? 1 guest(s)
 Print Thread
Your favorite cup for your espresso drinks...
ginny
Clearly many of us have our 'favorite" cup or cups, glasses or whatever we may use to drink our espresso drinks from.

Do you have a favorite style, a particular size, material you need your cups made from or any other special must have for your Coffee Bar be it for yourself or company.

Thanks,

ginny

limb

Bonsai Doug
As I only pull doubles, my go-to cup is a simple 2? oz. cup made by some company called BIA. I do have some "collectible" single shot cups, but I never seem to use them.

AnthonyD
For espresso, I have a set of these little cups from amazon http://www.amazon...B006JUATBA

and these for lattes, http://www.amazon...B002RHPAQI

ginny
Thanks I appreciate your comments and what you use...

am preparing an article about the espresso cup.

ginny

Airhan
I have two coffee cups, I included both, even though one is just for coffee. the larger cup holds 10oz and I use it every day, I love the balance of it and the size of the handle. The smaller cup was actually made by my dad (pottery is his hobby) and is a little large for just espresso, but works well for a macchiato or cordato/flat white. The small cup has a handle big enough to get a finger through, and nice thick walls to keep the espresso hot, plus my dad made it, so it's that much more awesome in my eyes.

farm4.staticflickr.com/3762/13547274714_79aa9b3eda.jpg

Another cool thing about my dad's cup, it isn't plain white! It has color to it! Also I work at water treatment plant seasonally, which is where I came by my regular coffee mug, and puts the text on it in context.
Edited by Airhan on 03/31/2014 4:46 PM
Aaron
"Grind it like it did you some great injustice!"D.L.Clark

jkoll42
I really only drink shots as far as espresso drinks go so my favorite cups are from Inker - they have a good feel and are nice and thick to hold heat.

My favorite looking cup however is from Illy!

lh3.googleusercontent.com/-qDUn5jr-kWs/UMHvjEYPIEI/AAAAAAAAAXY/Zs9yhNcfB5o/w958-h719-no/illy.jpg
-Jon
Honey badger 1k, Bunn LPG-2E, Technivorm, Cimbali Max Hybrid, Vibiemme Double Domo V3

coffeebeforebed
For espresso shots, my favorite is the glass double wall insulated 2 oz from bodum. I picked up 6 of them for $20 on amazon when the price dropped temporarily. I love being able to see the "guiness" effect of the crema while pulling the shot. It never fails to amaze me. As far as insulation goes, it could not be better; it is almost too good. If I preheat the cups, the shot will be too hot to sip for a few minutes and then the crema will have dissipated! Oh, the horror! So I no longer preheat those cups. The only mark against the cups is how light they are compared to the hefty the porcelain demitasse.

In regards to favorite coffee cup, it would have to be the 5 oz glass double walled mug from, yet again, bodum. The heat retention is superb, just like the smaller 2 oz. Being able to see the clarity of my cloth filtered coffee and how it catches the light in the morning is always a high point of my day. Second in line is my regular glass mug. Glass seems to be the theme here. Coffee is beautiful, why hide it?

Erst Kaffee
I am a latte and cafe con leche drinker for the most part. I do love drinking from porcelain, and ceramic is a close second for materials.

Yesterday at dinner out with my daughter, we enjoyed Vietnamese cuisine. It was a cold and rainy day and the server that took our order asked if I wanted a hot or cold Vietnamese coffee.

Having never heard of the hot Vietnamese coffee, (I do love both the iced Vietnamese and Thai iced coffees and teas), I ordered it.

It was brought to me in a glass cup without a handle. I couldn't hold it without grabbing the napkin! Not sure what they were thinking to serve it like that. Enjoyed the coffee though. Gotta say, I prefer it iced. tiki
Bialetti Moka Pot, Aeropress, Gene Cafe Roaster, Hario Skerton Grinder as it came, and Kyocera CM-50 with Orphan Espresso bearing upgrade for medium and coarse grind, Orphan Espresso Pharos

ginny

I do love drinking from porcelain, and ceramic is a close second for materials.

I agree on the porcelain. for me it is the only material I drink from, my espresso/cafe crema at any rate.

metal, glass just don't cut it for me. the review I am working on will be 5 or 6 of the players on the market that seem to never get any press.

3oz to 6oz porcelain cups only...

waiting to get the remainder so I can complete the article.

thanks for responding, I appreciate it very much.

ginny

rockon

Bonsai Doug
Just FYI regarding my post above, these are the BIA cups that are my go-to. I think they max out at 2? oz.:

s.stpost.com/eccstorefront/product_images/5049k/f_5049k_1.1.jpg

Lawnmowerman
I agree with coffee before bed. For the same reasons as described so elequently in post 8. I use the same cup for coffee at home or double shot at a shop. I have 3 that my brother gave me. Arcoroc made them. They fit under a grouphead. They have excellent thermal retention. Ginny. I am looking forward to your article. Hopefully it will answer a couple questions I have about the demitasse. Thank you!
Bad coffee prevails when good coffee roasters stand by and do nothing.

ginny

Hopefully it will answer a couple questions I have about the demitasse.

Yes I will as a matter of fact, some myths debunked as well...

ginny

smoking

Jump to Forum: