Click here to register.

Forgotten your password?
Request a new one here.
Shoutbox
You must login to post a message.

12/02/2021 6:47 AM
tahoeguy and sanakashyap220, coffee drink

12/01/2021 12:48 PM
Hey Ren, thanks for checking all the newcomers in!. You beat me to it most of the time but I am checking often. Grin

12/01/2021 6:16 AM
PGS_QLD, welcome !

11/29/2021 9:33 AM
Welcome, Andyc, coffeeswings and chuckster!

11/25/2021 1:17 AM
RJ30, JackedUp and CapnWhidbey, Welcome !

In Memory Of Ginny
Donations

Latest Donations
JackH - 25.00
snwcmpr - 10.00
Anonymous - 2.00
Anonymous - 5.00
Anonymous - 5.00
Users Online
Guests Online: 11

Members Online: 0

Total Members: 7,369
Newest Member: tahoeguy

View Thread

Who is here? 1 guest(s)
 Print Thread
Finally back in the Roasting Game!
jzuzphreek
After an absence of entirely TOO LONG, I'm finally back to roasting. Earlier this year, I was attempting a roast with a heat gun and a whirly-pop, when my heat gun LITERALLY (in the most literal sense of the word) MELTED in my hand. It was quite a scary experience, and the coffee ended up tasting like melted heat gun!

I resolved then, and there, that I needed a real roaster, built by someone who knows how to build roasters. My wife threw me a big 30th birthday party and I was given quite a few giftcards by some loving friends. I graduated from college (only took me 12 years), and I received a few more. Then for Father's Day, my wife decided to let me spend the difference, and I was able to buy a Behmor!!

My first 3 roasts are in the books since Saturday! 2 Costa Rica's and an Ethiopia Sidama. The second Costa Rica has so far yielded some pretty bright Aeropress cups, and I'll be cupping the Ethiopia tonight when I get home from work.

Hopefully, I'll have a lot more posting to do here, and will be able to participate once again!
Jessy

IN PRAISE OF COFFEE

This is the beverage of the friends of God; it gives health to those in its service who strive after wisdom.

The intelligent man who empties these cups of foaming coffee, he alone knows the truth.

DavidG
Jessy,
Way to go!
I will try to follow in your footsteps... soon.
For my B-Day, the family gave me 10 hour-blocks of no-guilt uninterruptable coffee-time. Ahhhh...
DavidG
europiccola | yama + coryrod | chemex | AP | clever
wbp1 | wepp1 | bm/hg | co hybrid (still coming soon...)

ginny
Jessy:

so nie to see you back.

congrats on your Behmor, enjoy.

shout if you need help but we have a large section on Behmor roasting.

please keep us posted guy.

ginny

cool

Jump to Forum: