renatoa
04/18/2024 12:36 AM
greyberry2, N C, welcome cup

renatoa
04/17/2024 9:27 AM
morning, branchu

renatoa
04/14/2024 5:56 AM
TheOtherJim and papajim, welcome to forum !

allenb
04/11/2024 6:33 PM
Zemona Welcome

renatoa
04/11/2024 9:19 AM
Mrbones and sgupta, coffee drink ?

In Memory Of Ginny
Donations

Latest Donations
dmccallum - 10.00
JackH - 25.00
snwcmpr - 10.00
Anonymous - 2.00
Anonymous - 5.00
Users Online
Guests Online: 4

Members Online: 0

Total Members: 8,210
Newest Member: N C

View Thread

Who is here? 1 guest(s)
 Print Thread
Ethiopia Konga Natural Yirgacheffe
clswiftman
I've now roasted a Ethiopian Natural processed Harrar and a Ethiopia Konga Natural Yirgacheffe
The Harrar was roasted at a Full City+ and at a City liked it best a
at a full city+
But the Ethiopia Konga Natural Yirgacheffe wow that was a great tasting coffee if your a fan of the blueberry variety. I roasted it at city, what a pleasure when you want something a little diffrent.
I've just started roasting and have gleaned a lot of helpful info for you guys and must say I'm having a blast learning about coffee roasting as well as coffee flavors, types, cuppings, data software/roasting curves and the lot.
Good stuff

Cheers
Chuck

allenb
Glad to hear Homeroasters has been a help to you. It's exciting when I hear of folks who haven't got years under their belt with the craft of roasting to be getting great results.

It's an eye opening experience when one nails a roast of one of the various African varieties and gets the floral or fruit bomb or combination of the two. This year seems to be a banner year for these compared to the previous couple of years.

Keep the posts coming!

Allen
1/2 lb and 1 lb drum, Siemens Sirocco fluidbed, presspot, chemex, cajun biggin brewer from the backwoods of Louisiana

clswiftman
Thanks Allen
Because I'm new and still developing my roasts, pallet and understanding of the green unroasted bean and the roasted. I can't say with certainty if I nailed it or not, but I will say my senses were intrigued and when you offer your craft in a cup to a friend and he stats "it smells and tastes like a blueberry pancake"!
It sure made me smile Grin

Cheers
Chuck

tamarian
May I ask for your source of the Konga? I've sampled a lot of Konga and they're not created equal ;-)
Wa'il. 1 Kg PID'ed gas-fired fluid bed roaster, GS/3MPS, K10F

clswiftman
Sure Tamarian,
I ordered a 6 lb sampler pack from Happy Mug as suggested by this great forum (thanks).
They included it in the sampler pack and added a half pound of Burundi Kayanza at no charge!
The order was very quick and I would recommend them. I will be buying through Happy Mug again, very pleased.a
Here is was what the sent me:
Tolima El Diviso, Columbia
Burundi Kayanza Bwayi,
Tarrazu Ojo de Agua, Costa Rica
Yirg. Konga, Ethiopia
Shevaroy Superior, India
Honey Process, Mexico
Tribal Aromas, New Guinea
and I also ordered Natural Harrar, Ethiopia
Cheers
Chuck

tamarian
Sounds like tons of fun! Enjoy! I have bookmarked them.
Wa'il. 1 Kg PID'ed gas-fired fluid bed roaster, GS/3MPS, K10F

clswiftman
Well do.
Let me know what you think Tamarian.
Cheers
Chuck

Omega

clswiftman wrote:

Sure Tamarian,
I ordered a 6 lb sampler pack from Happy Mug as suggested by this great forum (thanks).
They included it in the sampler pack and added a half pound of Burundi Kayanza at no charge!
The order was very quick and I would recommend them. I will be buying through Happy Mug again, very pleased.a
Here is was what the sent me:
Tolima El Diviso, Columbia
Burundi Kayanza Bwayi,
Tarrazu Ojo de Agua, Costa Rica
Yirg. Konga, Ethiopia
Shevaroy Superior, India
Honey Process, Mexico
Tribal Aromas, New Guinea
and I also ordered Natural Harrar, Ethiopia
Cheers
Chuck

I've gotten the Burundi and the India coffees from Happy Mug as well and I'm thrilled with both of them!! I'm going to buy from Happy Mug for the foreseeable future. ThumbsUp

Barry

woodchuck
I have been Happy with Happy Mug as well:-) Tried their Ethiopian Yirg Konga and their Natural Harrar. The Konga came out great with a drop just at the ending of FC. Still playing with the Harrar a bit. Boy it does pick up steam once its dried. I've been trying to slow it down a bit more before hitting FC.

Cheers

Ian
Roasters: TJ-067, Hottop with TC4C and RAF Mods
Espresso: LaSpaziale VII/Macap M4 Grinder
Pour over: Bonmac Pro Cone
Press: Bodum

Jump to Forum: