Members Online: 0

Total Members: 7,176
Newest Member: Adrian

View Thread

Who is here? 1 guest(s)
 Print Thread
Sprocket Replacement
CharcoalRoaster
Tried to roast some greens yesterday and heard a weird ticking sound only to discover my drum not rotating. Opened it up and found a cracked sprocket. It's the wheel that attaches to the motor and turns the larger drum sprockets. I tried a couple of fixes and thought I had it working but it only turned the drum for a min or two before giving me the E3 error again. Any idea where I can replace this little guy? Thanks!
CharcoalRoaster attached the following image:
sprocket.jpg
CharcoalRoaster
Help - I'm out of coffee!!! BBQ grill
ciel-007

CharcoalRoaster wrote:

... Any idea where I can replace this little guy?...

Have you tried contacting Batch Coffee in Plymouth, MA?

Ciel
Ciel... seeking Heaven in my cup with ................................................................................................................. EXPOBAR Brewtus II - MAZZER Mini E - MAHLK´┐ŻNIG Vario - GeneCafe - RAF-1 Extreme (Modified B-2 HOTTOP) - BellaTaiwan XJ-101
JackH
I don't see that exact part but here is the Batch Coffee web site:

http://www.batchc...asterparts
---Jack

KKTO Roaster.
CharcoalRoaster
I didn't see the part on the website so I emailed them directly, but haven't received a reply yet. I didn't know if it was possible to source a sprocket from a retail location or eBay or something else in case Batch couldn't help me out.
allenb
Have you tried these guys?

http://www.greenb...6_395.html

Allen
1/2 lb and 1 lb drum, Siemens Sirocco fluidbed, presspot, chemex, cajun biggin brewer from the backwoods of Louisiana
CharcoalRoaster
perfect. thanks Allen!ThumbsUp

... then I saw the shipping cost from Canada! Gonna cost me $30 for a tiny little sprocket. Maybe I'll hold out for Batch
JackH
Too bad for a part that small they couldn't just put it in a padded envelope and mail regular post. I agree to wait for the other site to respond.
---Jack

KKTO Roaster.
ciel-007

CharcoalRoaster wrote:

... I didn't see the part on the website so I emailed them directly, but haven't received a reply yet...

How long has it been since you emailed BatchCoffee?

Ciel
Ciel... seeking Heaven in my cup with ................................................................................................................. EXPOBAR Brewtus II - MAZZER Mini E - MAHLK´┐ŻNIG Vario - GeneCafe - RAF-1 Extreme (Modified B-2 HOTTOP) - BellaTaiwan XJ-101
CharcoalRoaster
Batch got back to me this afternoon - so only 2 days. They're awesome though! Put up some spares on the website due to a few different inquiries. Best part: $2.50 for the sprocket and $2 to ship coffee drink
Jump to Forum: