Request a new one here.
Shoutbox
You must login to post a message.

renatoa
05/23/2022 10:46 AM
abiy welcome cup

renatoa
05/18/2022 6:13 AM
gnosis coffee roasters and Terry Hauser, welcome !

allenb
05/15/2022 7:00 PM
lsawade welcome Welcome

renatoa
05/15/2022 9:13 AM
Welcome, Pinofly and Alex008

allenb
05/12/2022 7:47 PM
CafficitoeTim and pmf2000 Welcome! Welcome

In Memory Of Ginny
Donations

Latest Donations
dmccallum - 10.00
JackH - 25.00
snwcmpr - 10.00
Anonymous - 2.00
Anonymous - 5.00
Users Online
Guests Online: 5

Members Online: 1
greencardigan

Total Members: 7,580
Newest Member: abiy

View Thread

Who is here? 1 guest(s)
 Print Thread
Charlie's Follies
chaswerner
I started out with an Iroast 2. I liked the roaster, but I wanted more capacity, so I migrated to a Behmor. Wasn't satisfied with my roasts. Moved on to a hottop. I automated the hottop with the fantastic TC4C interface, and was very satisfied! however back to capacity issues. A friend and I cupped most weekends together. He had a small fluid bed. We both wanted more capacity, so we started at looking at a bigger roaster we could share. After we thought about the cost of what we wanted, we said "everyone is bugging us for our coffee, why don't we just get a real roaster and start selling it?" So we bought an old Samiac 10/12 KG. We had it dry ice blasted. We replaced all the motors with 3 phase units run with VFDs so we can vary exhaust and cooling fan speed , as well as drum speed. Refurbished the controls and converted the gas train to propane, and now have it in production. So that is short version of charlie's coffee follies from 4 ounces to 10kg, with alot of learning along the way.

I have yet to learn the KISS principle, keep it simple stupid, but it has been a fun journey.

allenb
fol?ly
1.lack of good sense; foolishness.
"an act of sheer folly"

Nothing you've done is anywhere near folly to me! Nothing any coffee fanatic wouldn't have done. Glad to hear you're following your heart and making it happen!

Allen
1/2 lb and 1 lb drum, Siemens Sirocco fluidbed, presspot, chemex, cajun biggin brewer from the backwoods of Louisiana

JackH
I agree with Allen. I would love to see photos of the roaster sometime.
---Jack

KKTO Roaster.

Jump to Forum: