Who is here? 1 guest(s)
 Print Thread
saystatic.exe
olddogTim
I have been having trouble running this program in artisan. It works fine, once, but all roasts after the first, nothing! Shock If I go to C:/ Program files/artisan and click on the bat file it works fine any ideas??
Getting old STINKS,but it's better than not getting old (Tim)
Equipment Technivorm model KBT-741 , Aero Press, Aillio Bullet R-1 V-2, running RoasTime

rgrosz78
I have similar problems, but more randomly. Sometimes it works fine for multiple roasts, sometimes it crashes and gives an error dialog.

Best fix for me is to shut down and restart WinDoze.
Life is too short to drink bad wine ... or bad coffee!

Barrie

rgrosz78 wrote:

I have similar problems, but more randomly. Sometimes it works fine for multiple roasts, sometimes it crashes and gives an error dialog.

Best fix for me is to shut down and restart WinDoze.

I exchanged emails with the author and he is aware of this for the second of two back to back roasts. The only fix for the moment is to come out of artisan completely between roasts. That works reliably.
Barrie (San Diego, CA)
"So much to learn, so little time."
Hottop 2K+., Artisan, Jura Capresso ENA 3 (i.e. espresso).

rgrosz78
Barrie, that has not helped me with the saystatic problem.

I always exit Artisan between roasts, and usually hibernate my laptop as well (running on battery).
Life is too short to drink bad wine ... or bad coffee!

Barrie

rgrosz78 wrote:

Barrie, that has not helped me with the saystatic problem.

I always exit Artisan between roasts, and usually hibernate my laptop as well (running on battery).

Don't know what to say. That was what was suggested to me when I had the same problem, and it works for me every time. As I recall the discussion was on the Artisan blog some months ago
Barrie (San Diego, CA)

Barrie
I see that my correspondence was with Rich Helms (not the saystatic.exe author) who originally suggested this use of saystatic.exe in HT roasts. He says that there is a trigger that needs to be reset before this routine can be used again, and he was the one who said he routinely comes out of Artisan to do that, and now so do I. We shut it down completely and then restart. Marko Luther, the lead developer of Artisan knows about the problem, and it may therefore be addressed in later versions?
Barrie (San Diego, CA)

Barrie
It looks as though this will not be fixed in the next version of Artisan. Marko has given me permission to quote him here.

>>>
this is not on my list as there is nothing I can do. All that Artisan is doing is to invoke a standard call to run an external program. There is not variation or alternative way to do this. My guess is that this saystatic.exe somehow is not terminating correctly (that might depend on the actual sound file it is playing). Then the second invocation later fails, as the still running process is blocking some resources. Why terminating Artisan in between the calls should help remains unclear to me, as Artisan has no further connection to this process after starting it.<<<

So the focus is now probably going to be on saystatic and its behavior in any particular environment? I have not found an alternative text-to-speech program for this application, although there are several out there.
Barrie (San Diego, CA)

olddogTim
I ran a test with two load.bat in the same roast and both were spoken? Tried to import capture png to show it but couldn't figure out how.
Getting old STINKS,but it's better than not getting old (Tim)
Equipment Technivorm model KBT-741 , Aero Press, Aillio Bullet R-1 V-2, running RoasTime

Jump to Forum: