J-ROD

Total Members: 7,627
Newest Member: nguyencoffeesupply

View Thread

Who is here? 1 guest(s)
 Print Thread
Will this blower work?
Omega
Hey everybody, I am planning on building a fluid bed roaster like AllenB did in this thread > http://forum.home...owstart=20

I would like for the roaster capacity to be around one pound. I found an Ametek Lamb blower on ebay here > http://www.ebay.c...EBIDX%3AIT
Any ideas if this would be a suitable blower for what I have in mind?

Thanks!

Barry

oldgearhead
Looks fine! You will need to control it with a speed control of some sort..
..and you need 120 Volts..

coffeeroastersclub
I will throw this into the mix for anyone interested:
http://www.ebay.c...p;_sacat=0

I bought one last winter for a gasification project. They run around $80 used as seen on eBay. SUPER QUIET, they are used in the hospital industry to quickly inflate beds & other related applciations. They are electronically controlled but you can fool the electronics by just determining the CFM you are looking for and using a ac to dc power adapter hooked to the correct input terminals of the electronic input on the windjammer.

The one I got was the Ametek Windjammer 116643-01, cost me $50 delivered for free from ebay seller unger1689. I was extremely pleased with the results, far superior to the usual 2 or 3 stage vacuum motors I have used for projects in the pas in that they are no where near as deafening in noice level & a more quality build likely due to their application.

Len
"If this is coffee, please bring me some tea but if this is tea, please bring me some coffee." ~Abraham Lincoln

Omega
Thanks for the replies.

The quiet Ametek Windjammers look great. It will take some shopping around to get one cheaply; looks like around $175 plus shipping is the going price for a used one. But you never know when a bargain will pop up, so I'll be on the lookout for a deal! The acquiring of all the parts and some tools to do some of the metal work will take a while, so during that time, I'll keep looking.

Any other input about suitable blowers is welcome, so sound off!

Jump to Forum: