Click here to register.

Forgotten your password?
Request a new one here.
Shoutbox
You must login to post a message.

12/02/2021 6:47 AM
tahoeguy and sanakashyap220, coffee drink

12/01/2021 12:48 PM
Hey Ren, thanks for checking all the newcomers in!. You beat me to it most of the time but I am checking often. Grin

12/01/2021 6:16 AM
PGS_QLD, welcome !

11/29/2021 9:33 AM
Welcome, Andyc, coffeeswings and chuckster!

11/25/2021 1:17 AM
RJ30, JackedUp and CapnWhidbey, Welcome !

In Memory Of Ginny
Donations

Latest Donations
JackH - 25.00
snwcmpr - 10.00
Anonymous - 2.00
Anonymous - 5.00
Anonymous - 5.00
Users Online
Guests Online: 18

Members Online: 0

Total Members: 7,369
Newest Member: tahoeguy

View Thread

Who is here? 1 guest(s)
 Print Thread
Spoken Alarms
Barrie
No. The situation is that Marko has a rebuild of Artisan that takes care of the failure to call programs in the second of two back-to-back roasts, at least in the case of a bat file using saystatic. As a developer of freeware who is doing this in his spare time, while attending to his daytime job and to his family, he constantly has a list of items to be fixed or added. Any time he releases an update there is always a resulting slew of comments which he then needs to consider, possibly thereby adding to his "to do" list. In that setting, he has to decide from time to time whether he has made enough changes to merit publishing an update. He is pondering just such a decision at the moment. He will obviously let us know. Meantime we Artisan users continue to owe him an enormous debt of gratitude. He suggests on the blog that those who wish to contribute can do so by giving a gift to the Coffee Kids charity.
http://www.coffee...
Barrie (San Diego, CA)
"So much to learn, so little time."
Hottop 2K+., Artisan, Jura Capresso ENA 3 (i.e. espresso).

MaKoMo
Thanks for the kind words and your ongoing support Barrie. As the next official release seems to delay itself further I added a folder "prereleases" to the Artisan GoogleDrive and added a build for MacOS and Windows of the current snapshot. Please note that those are completely unsupported but might fix the Spoken Alarms issue discussed in this thread. The Windows build is the one that worked for Barrie.

olddogTim
So Barrie how does saystatic work now with the new release? Do you think I could install it, knowing my computer ah expertise, HAHAHAHAHAHARoflmao
Getting old STINKS,but it's better than not getting old (Tim)
Equipment Technivorm model KBT-741 , Aero Press, Aillio Bullet R-1 V-2, running RoasTime

Barrie

olddogTim wrote:

So Barrie how does saystatic work now with the new release? Do you think I could install it, knowing my computer ah expertise, HAHAHAHAHAHARoflmao

Given your HAHA, I would say you should give it a shot. Then you will find out the answer. Grin. It is working fine on my own computer, including today.
Barrie (San Diego, CA)

rgrosz78
I'm very conservative, so I wait patiently for the next release of Artisan.

Thinking of renaming my laptop to "Old Cranky". I did four roasts today, and SayStatic did not work a SINGLE time. I have 4-6 calls in each profile that I ran. And I shut down and restart WinDoze between roasts.

A complicating factor is that my laptop has VERY low volume. I plug an external speaker into the headphone jack, and it worked pretty well last month. But today, it kept flaking out, and telling me the device had been removed. thumbdown
Life is too short to drink bad wine ... or bad coffee!

Barrie

rgrosz78 wrote:

I'm very conservative, so I wait patiently for the next release of Artisan.

Thinking of renaming my laptop to "Old Cranky". I did four roasts today, and SayStatic did not work a SINGLE time. I have 4-6 calls in each profile that I ran. And I shut down and restart WinDoze between roasts.

A complicating factor is that my laptop has VERY low volume. I plug an external speaker into the headphone jack, and it worked pretty well last month. But today, it kept flaking out, and telling me the device had been removed. thumbdown

To save a little writing here, have a look at this

http://www.sweetm...amp;t=5823
Barrie (San Diego, CA)

rgrosz78
I am using artisan 0.8.0 already. I think my main problem is that I'm using "Old Cranky"
Life is too short to drink bad wine ... or bad coffee!

Jump to Forum: