Click here to register.

Forgotten your password?
Request a new one here.
Shoutbox
You must login to post a message.

12/02/2021 6:47 AM
tahoeguy and sanakashyap220, coffee drink

12/01/2021 12:48 PM
Hey Ren, thanks for checking all the newcomers in!. You beat me to it most of the time but I am checking often. Grin

12/01/2021 6:16 AM
PGS_QLD, welcome !

11/29/2021 9:33 AM
Welcome, Andyc, coffeeswings and chuckster!

11/25/2021 1:17 AM
RJ30, JackedUp and CapnWhidbey, Welcome !

In Memory Of Ginny
Donations

Latest Donations
JackH - 25.00
snwcmpr - 10.00
Anonymous - 2.00
Anonymous - 5.00
Anonymous - 5.00
Users Online
Guests Online: 11

Members Online: 0

Total Members: 7,369
Newest Member: tahoeguy

View Thread

Who is here? 1 guest(s)
 Print Thread
Question on Re-wiring a bread machine
shawns
Hello all -
I have read and re-read the posts about re-wiring, but am still stuck. My circuit board has the starter capacitor soldered directly onto the board. (looks exactly like the board EDS posted last year). I have Red,White and blue wires that came from motor to circuit board.

My question is this: Do I need to keep/use the starter capacitor when I rewire? If so, how to accomplish that since it is soldered directly through the board? Or can I just run two of the wires directly to the incoming AC wires? If so, which two? What about the 3rd wire?

The breadmachine was a Panasonic SD-YD205.

Thanks in advance! I am looking forward to my very first roast!
shawns attached the following image:
2015-02-11_013911.jpg

dfluke
I never took the chance on my pre-soldered circuit board machine. I simply found one that had a separated part. Just got lucky. Perhaps someone here who knows a bit about those parts could help. I suspect it's soldered on just because. So, maybe you could run some wires or de-solder the capacitor in some way. I do know that you need it, because it's designed to kick start the motor. If you can pull numbers off the item, maybe you can get a separate replacement part and trash that circuit board. if I can locate my photos I'll post them.

HoldTheOnions
I couldn't find parts diagram on this. What is the motor voltage? Is it a two-speed motor? If so, then usually red one speed, blue one speed, and white is neutral. For example a 220v motor would get 110v on red and 110v on blue. So you could run it at 110v on either wire. Maybe post/link a pic of the motor, if can see a model number then could look up the data sheet.

I'm not expert, but I see two caps on board, it may have a start cap and a run cap, can you see if they are going to the same place? Regardless caps are wired in series to the motor and usually in parallel to each other, if more than one cap. Also, if it is a polarized cap then the negative lead needs to go to the lower voltage or BOOOOM! So just stand back when you connect and if you blow it, then get another and wire it up the other way.

Jump to Forum: