Password

Not a member yet?
Click here to register.

Forgotten your password?
Request a new one here.
Shoutbox
You must login to post a message.

03/04/2021 9:04 PM
I have been trying Scott Rao Hario V60 pourover this week. 1:17 and blooming with 2 parts water the first 45 seconds then splitting the rest into 2 pours. A little stirring is included. We like it.

03/04/2021 11:35 AM
My brew ratio is 1:17 (exactly 59.5 g/L). That's roughly 8.5g per 5-oz cup.

02/27/2021 9:29 AM
I'm looking to hire someone to teach/help me to find the best roast profile for the 3 types of coffee that grow on my farm in nicaragua. I live in LA, but but could go anywhere in so cal with my Behmor for a roasting lesson. Please contact me if you're in

02/17/2021 7:20 PM
When your wife thinks 30 grams for a 6 cup setting is strong, you learn to drink muddy water when you are making coffee for both of you.

02/17/2021 8:32 AM
I use a rule of thumb of 60 grams per liter. 8 cups (1 liter, 32 oz) = 60 grams, 6 cups (3/4 liter, 24 oz) = 45 grams. 10 cups = 75 grams 12 cups = 90 grams

Users Online
Guests Online: 8

Members Online: 0

Total Members: 7,044
Newest Member: Jimmy_Zulu
In Memory Of Ginny
Donations

Latest Donations
Anonymous - 5.00
Anonymous - 5.00
renatoa - 2.00
JitterzZ - 2.01
renatoa - 2.00

View Thread

Who is here? 1 guest(s)
 Print Thread
Coffee Roasters Club fluid build
coffeeroastersclub
Hello OGH. Unrelated subject: I am almost finished with a personal fluid bed roaster that involves capturing heat off of roasting exhaust to reuse. It involves a heat exchanger I have designed. Question: I believe you introduce your recaptured heat when it attains a certain temp? I will be putting a probe in the heat exchanger chamber to enable a solenoid valve to open at a specific temp to introduce the captured heat back into the beans. At what temp do you reintroduce?

Thanks in advance.

Len
"If this is coffee, please bring me some tea but if this is tea, please bring me some coffee." ~Abraham Lincoln
oldgearhead
Hi Len,
I measure the temperature inside my blower inlet pipe a few times during each roast. I try to keep it near 115F. It depends on two things the ambient air temperature and the % power setting on the wattage controller.
Sunday was rather ideal: Ambient = 37 and wattage at 1150. So I roasted 4 one-pound loads. The inlet air was 112F and the outlet air was 511F.

If the ambient air gets lower (I did 3- 450g loads in 22F last week.), I must close the ambient air gate to get the inlet air above 100F...My RC outlet and blower inlet are located very close to each other and I use the Bloomfield's enclosure to as a mixing box.

The used-when-I got-it Sundance spa blower (Ametek, 5.7",2-stage, flow-through) has been running fine since July 2010. No ill effects from the warm air.
oldgearhead attached the following image:
dsc_8386_9.jpg
coffeeroastersclub
So essentially you are using the exhaust to preheat your inlet air to 115 degrees? or higher? There is no mixing of the exhaust with the inlet air, correct?

Len
"If this is coffee, please bring me some tea but if this is tea, please bring me some coffee." ~Abraham Lincoln
oldgearhead
The RC exhaust air is constantly mixing with the incoming ambient air to provide a warm source of air for the blower inlet...
__Flow through the RC is restricted.
__All chaff is trapped in the RC.
__The amount of available ambient air is restricted when ambient is below 35F.
coffeeroastersclub
What does "RC" stand for?

Len
snwcmpr
Roast Chamber
--------------
Backwoods Roaster
"I wish I could taste as well as I wish I could roast."

As Abraham Lincoln said "Do not trust everything you read on the internet".
Jump to Forum: