Password

Not a member yet?
Click here to register.

Forgotten your password?
Request a new one here.
Shoutbox
You must login to post a message.

02/27/2021 9:50 AM
Questions are best asked in the forum. The posts will last longer, and will be seen the most by members. After a few more posts in the Shoutbox, the post you made will no longer be seen.... maybe you could also introduce yourself and share a little.

02/27/2021 9:29 AM
I'm looking to hire someone to teach/help me to find the best roast profile for the 3 types of coffee that grow on my farm in nicaragua. I live in LA, but but could go anywhere in so cal with my Behmor for a roasting lesson. Please contact me if you're in

02/17/2021 7:20 PM
When your wife thinks 30 grams for a 6 cup setting is strong, you learn to drink muddy water when you are making coffee for both of you.

02/17/2021 8:32 AM
I use a rule of thumb of 60 grams per liter. 8 cups (1 liter, 32 oz) = 60 grams, 6 cups (3/4 liter, 24 oz) = 45 grams. 10 cups = 75 grams 12 cups = 90 grams

02/17/2021 1:47 AM
OldMan41, depends what is "a pot"... usually is more accurate to specify the brew ratio, instead grams of coffee. The most usual is 1:15, thus 40 grams for 600 ml of water. If the 100 grams are for one liter pot, then we are talking about 1:10 ratio.

Users Online
Guests Online: 10

Members Online: 0

Total Members: 7,040
Newest Member: Thelsegse
In Memory Of Ginny
Donations

Latest Donations
Anonymous - 5.00
Anonymous - 5.00
renatoa - 2.00
JitterzZ - 2.01
renatoa - 2.00

View Thread

Who is here? 1 guest(s)
 Print Thread
Looking for Roast feedback
RoninTech
Hi all,

I recently got into roasting and am using a HG/BM setup. Details are here. Attached is my first roast with the new setup logging ET, BT and RoR while roasting SM's liquid amber blend. Would love to hear any tips/feedback on anything that pops out from this graph. This is all for Espresso use with our Vario/Spaz Mini II setup.

Thanks!
RoninTech attached the following images:
sm_liquid_amber_12_5_15_1.jpg tc4_results_1.jpg
ginny
Hi Paul:

all of my roasts are also for espresso. the liquid amber is a wonderful blend, you will both enjoy it.

while I do not buy only "espresso" single origins or blends Thom will note in his profiles on greens if it is a good SO (single origin) espresso.

that liquid amber you posted may be a bit light for me and I would suggest you try different levels of roast on that green.

I think you will be surprised by some non SO greens as espresso.

let us know and post PICTURE of your espresso bar in the espresso machine forum.

http://forum.home...rum_id=164

ginny

rockon
RoninTech
Thanks ginny, picture posted here:

http://forum.home...post_55661

edit to add link and make live
Edited by ginny on 05/13/2015 3:27 PM
JimH
The first thing I noticed was that you dropped the ET starting around 11:45, which led to BT stalling around 12:00 and then slowly declining. You will probably get better results if you hold ET steady or allow a slow rise so that BT will continue to increase.
RoninTech

JimH wrote:

The first thing I noticed was that you dropped the ET starting around 11:45, which led to BT stalling around 12:00 and then slowly declining. You will probably get better results if you hold ET steady or allow a slow rise so that BT will continue to increase.

Yeah, I think I got excited by the ability to see what was happening so well that I felt I must change something, just because I could. Even when leaving the heat gun setting as it was probably would have worked out.
Jump to Forum: