renatoa
04/18/2024 12:36 AM
greyberry2, N C, welcome cup

renatoa
04/17/2024 9:27 AM
morning, branchu

renatoa
04/14/2024 5:56 AM
TheOtherJim and papajim, welcome to forum !

allenb
04/11/2024 6:33 PM
Zemona Welcome

renatoa
04/11/2024 9:19 AM
Mrbones and sgupta, coffee drink ?

In Memory Of Ginny
Donations

Latest Donations
dmccallum - 10.00
JackH - 25.00
snwcmpr - 10.00
Anonymous - 2.00
Anonymous - 5.00
Users Online
Guests Online: 3

Members Online: 0

Total Members: 8,210
Newest Member: N C

View Thread

Who is here? 1 guest(s)
 Print Thread
Using TC4 without artisan software
Dave51plus1
Can I use an Arduino sketch to access thermocouples connected to the TC4. I'm interested in using the he TC4 and 4 thermocouples and the data logging capabilities to monitor a wood fired pizza oven.cross fingers

JackH
If you load the Artsian sketch without running the Artisan application, the TC4 will output raw temperature data for each channel over the active COM port. You can see this using the Arduino software "serial monitor". I have attached a screen shot of the serial monitor window.

Typing 'chan,1234' will activate all four channels.

Typing 'read' will result in the TC4/Artisan sketch sending a packet of data----The ambient followed by each channel's temperature separated by a comma.

ambient, Chan1,Chan2,Chan3,Chan4

Your software will have to send the read command and then read it back over the COM port.

Is this what you are looking for?
JackH attached the following image:
capture_32.jpg

---Jack

KKTO Roaster.

Dave51plus1
I think that answers the question regarding reading the thermocouple temps/values. How does the data logger hard/software work? Can I access that through an Arduino sketch/programing? I assume so. Is there documentation on accessing the different features of he tc4? I've seen some tongue in cheek comments regarding the tc4 documentation.

JackH
If you download the sketch, there is a text file attached that explains all the commands and how the temperature for each channel is sent.

Everything is done via the Communications port.

https://code.goog...c4-shield/
---Jack

KKTO Roaster.

Dave51plus1
Great! Thank you. I will do that

JackH
The Artisan TC4 sketch sends temperature data only when you send it a read command. The Roastlogger sketch sends temperature data out continuously. Depending on what you are going to do, it may make a difference.
---Jack

KKTO Roaster.

Jump to Forum: