Print Thread
Hottop 2K+ with Artisan
Randy G
When you choose the control function, Artisan will run the same alarm file every time until you tell it not to or load a new alarm file.

Life's too short to drink bad coffee.

Barrie
Thank you for pitching in, Randy. Yes, that was the routine with the B2K+TC4. My question was really whether I needed different alarms than I was using before. I see something about MOTOR ON for example. That wasn't there before.
Barrie (San Diego, CA)
"So much to learn, so little time."
Hottop 2K+., Artisan, Jura Capresso ENA 3 (i.e. espresso).

Randy G
Check the "Downloads" section here. I uploaded a file with the alarms I was using at the time along with the graph files. It will make a good starting point.

Life's too short to drink bad coffee.

Barrie
Thank you. Must have missed it.
Barrie (San Diego, CA)
"So much to learn, so little time."
Hottop 2K+., Artisan, Jura Capresso ENA 3 (i.e. espresso).

RAG
I recently upgraded my hottop with the 105 k+ upgrade kit. A couple things I have noticed. The new heater element is the exact same wattage as my old element (2k model). Although I love the factory model is now working with Artisan I am having issues with the factory thermocouples. Using identical beans that use to show a 50 degree differential between first and second crack now only 25 degrees separate these events. I can easily adjust to FC now being 345F (40 degrees lower) but this reduced spread is making control difficult. Anyone else have a short FC/SC window or what is the new norm?

Thanks

p.s.
Great to be back on this forum after a couple years absence.

Jump to Forum: