Password

Not a member yet?
Click here to register.

Forgotten your password?
Request a new one here.
Shoutbox
You must login to post a message.

11/25/2021 1:17 AM
RJ30, JackedUp and CapnWhidbey, Welcome !

11/21/2021 1:56 AM
Welcome, pimaCanyon and Chris Porter!

11/18/2021 3:29 AM
locotoro, ionpau and gougege, welcome cup

11/16/2021 12:53 AM
RidgevilleRoaster OH, _lg3, Yirgaman, Houncer and AgressivStreetLamp
welcome !

11/15/2021 9:57 AM
Welcome, jasper_8137, goldyy9 and Evermancg !

In Memory Of Ginny
Donations

Latest Donations
JackH - 25.00
snwcmpr - 10.00
Anonymous - 2.00
Anonymous - 5.00
Anonymous - 5.00
Users Online
Guests Online: 11

Members Online: 0

Total Members: 7,361
Newest Member: RJ30

View Thread

Who is here? 1 guest(s)
 Print Thread
Newbie to Artisan, Using Windows 10
Army Coffee
All;

Incredibly excited about taking a huge leap forward in my Roasting Obsession. I should be taking delivery of my Mill City TJ-072 2kg Roaster in the next month and while the anticipation is "Killing Me". I am doing all I can to prepare for the big day.

I am completely new to Artisan and reading through the pages in the Dataloggers forum felt like listening to Arabic. I am hoping that someone is willing to provide me some basics on Installing the latest version of Artisan on Windows 10 (I know where to download), as well as an introduction, links to tutorials, and any words of advice on all the features it provides.

Giddy Up!!

Drew
smoking
NEC ASPERA TERRENT

North TJ-072 2kg Roaster, Hottop 8828B, Gene Cafe Roaster, Baratza Vario Grinder, Breville SmartGrinder, Behmor Brazen, Cona "D", Bialetti Moka Express, Aero-Press, Quick Mill QM67

ginny
Hey Dude:

my Mill City TJ-072 2kg Roaster

congratulations on your new coffee toy! how cool is this.

you realize you will need to start a thread about this so you can keep all the great info in one place. leave this data stuff as we can merge it later or it can live here for others but once you get your new baby we want pictures, all the good, the bad and the ugly as it happens.

again, cool.

ginny

roar

Army Coffee
Ginny;

Plan on running the thread from Start to Never Ending... Not sure how to upload pictures on here, but will cross that bridge when we get there...

In the process of preparing my Coffee Space now. I wouldn't mind a Thread under "All About Roasters" for Mill City (North) Roasters so I can run a series under Assembly/Installing, Setting Up, Roasting, Maintenance, Repairs, etc.

Assume you would be the one to make it happen. Otherwise, I will post them under "Drum Roasters (Store Bought). You can take it from there...

Giddy Up

Drew
NEC ASPERA TERRENT

North TJ-072 2kg Roaster, Hottop 8828B, Gene Cafe Roaster, Baratza Vario Grinder, Breville SmartGrinder, Behmor Brazen, Cona "D", Bialetti Moka Express, Aero-Press, Quick Mill QM67

BenKeith
The only thing I can tell you is I tried to install it on mine running 8.1Pro on a Surface Pro 3 and after more compatibility issues than I wanted to deal with, I rather quickly squashed the idea. Hopefully 10 will do better for you. I keep getting that virus they are using wanting me to upgrade to 10.

JackH
Once you get Artisan installed you will have to configure it for the type of logger you have. I think the Mill City roaster uses a Phidget 1048 data logger. There should be a setting in the Artisan software for selecting that logger.

Searching Artisan and Windows 10 shows many people using this combination without problems other than configuring it for the correct logger type. I haven't tried it myself with windows 10 since I use old computers for roast logging.
---Jack

KKTO Roaster.

woodchuck

Army Coffee wrote:

In the process of preparing my Coffee Space now. I wouldn't mind a Thread under "All About Roasters" for Mill City (North) Roasters so I can run a series under Assembly/Installing, Setting Up, Roasting, Maintenance, Repairs, etc....

Drew

Would love to see that Drew. I've just ordered my TJ-067 and have started building in my roast room.

Cheers

Ian
Roasters: TJ-067, Hottop with TC4C and RAF Mods
Espresso: LaSpaziale VII/Macap M4 Grinder
Pour over: Bonmac Pro Cone
Press: Bodum

Army Coffee
Ian,

Just finished my Room. Wish I had better specs on the 2kg machine, but I am ready for delivery. Are you part of the next shipment arriving? Just purchased 3 bags of coffee from a local distribution center: Brazil, Guatemala, and Ethiopia. Ready to go and hope to see the roaster in the next two weeks.

Drew
NEC ASPERA TERRENT

woodchuck
Hi Drew, no I'm afraid I am way out in the April shipment. Gives me time to get the room built. Looking into ways to vent it properly given I'll be cooking with propane. I'd like to air condition it for the summer but can't have a closed system.

Cheers

Ian
Roasters: TJ-067, Hottop with TC4C and RAF Mods
Espresso: LaSpaziale VII/Macap M4 Grinder
Pour over: Bonmac Pro Cone
Press: Bodum

Army Coffee
My North TJ-072 2kg Roaster Arrived Today!!!

Very happy with the initial assessment of the quality and packaging for shipment from China, through Mill City and to Kansas City was exceptional.

Looking forward to giving you all more information.

Giddy Up!
Drew
coffee drink
Army Coffee attached the following image:
room.jpg

NEC ASPERA TERRENT

LongLeafSoaps
I'm super excited for you Drew! That is a good looking roaster you got there!

Looking forward to your update after you've had time to play with it! ThumbsUp
Carpe Diem With Coffee

Army Coffee

LongLeafSoaps wrote:

I'm super excited for you Drew! That is a good looking roaster you got there!

Looking forward to your update after you've had time to play with it! ThumbsUp

Posting initial Review Now!!

Giddy Up!

Drew
smoking
NEC ASPERA TERRENT

Jump to Forum: