Who is here? 1 guest(s)
 Print Thread
Needle Valve Question
JETROASTER
Nice Machine!!! .....and the slow mo is pretty cool as well. Cheers, -Scott
Mustang967

JETROASTER wrote:

Nice Machine!!! .....and the slow mo is pretty cool as well. Cheers, -Scott

Thank you so much! Its taken me a while to get it to this point but I'm loving it and I'm excited to see where it will take my coffee abilities in the future :)

Royce
Mustang967
Running some PID tests and using the actual Arduino PID Library. it is so much better than my initial tests, I'm so impressed with this thing. The Clippard solenoid valve is incredible.

This was from the test. It did a great job keeping it very close to the tests set temp. It never went below 1 degree - and 2 degrees +.
forum.homeroasters.org/forum/attachments/pid_test_chart.png
Mustang967 attached the following image:
pid_test_chart.png
allenb
Glad to hear things are progressing nicely! It's an invigorating feeling when one creates a roaster out of various disparate parts and it functions as we hoped!

You'll be roasting for many years and sampling lots of coffees from many sources around the world.

As one of our Homeroasters early contributors, John Despres said on numerous occasions, have fun!

Allen
1/2 lb and 1 lb drum, Siemens Sirocco fluidbed, presspot, chemex, cajun biggin brewer from the backwoods of Louisiana
Mustang967

allenb wrote:

Glad to hear things are progressing nicely! It's an invigorating feeling when one creates a roaster out of various disparate parts and it functions as we hoped!

You'll be roasting for many years and sampling lots of coffees from many sources around the world.

As one of our Homeroasters early contributors, John Despres said on numerous occasions, have fun!

Allen

Thanks! I am having so much fun! I'm just finishing up on the code and I now have the PID, basic menu and selectable profiles working. Now I just need to drink more coffee so I need to roast again. Either that or start giving it away :)

Thank you so much for all the help and information.

Royce
Jump to Forum: