Members Online: 0

Total Members: 8,165
Newest Member: Ramper

View Thread

Who is here? 1 guest(s)
 Print Thread
3-5 lb fluid bed roaster
Elwynn
The reason i'm using to PID controllers is because I want to maintain my air temperature and the bean temp will slowly rise until the set point is reached. Creating my profile is done by setting my air temp lower or higher for longer or shorter roasts. My air temp PID is a ramp/soak type so I can set it for a lower temp drying phase. From what I have read it will be a little more complicated then a Javamaster roaster;) Quieter and pull less amps and roast up to four or 5 pounds;)

KramE
To the OP; What regulator are you using from your propane tank? What kind of psi will it allow?

Mustang967

KramE wrote:

To the OP; What regulator are you using from your propane tank? What kind of psi will it allow?

Hey! I'm running this regulator https://www.amazo...&psc=1 it has the capability to run up to 20psi but I run mine around 5psi.

Royce

JSA Coffee
I am not sure how I missed this build. If I had seen this, I wouldn't have started a new thread on my build. I am building basically the same thing, but now I am adding the bean discharge chute design Len mentioned.

What are you using to heat this thing? I see the regulator you are using, so that answers one questions. How many pounds are you roasting in the 6x6 tube?

KramE

JSA Coffee wrote:

I am not sure how I missed this build. If I had seen this, I wouldn't have started a new thread on my build.

No such thing as too many build threads! Or coffee. Or fun. You get the picture.

Mustang967

JSA Coffee wrote:

I am not sure how I missed this build. If I had seen this, I wouldn't have started a new thread on my build. I am building basically the same thing, but now I am adding the bean discharge chute design Len mentioned.

What are you using to heat this thing? I see the regulator you are using, so that answers one questions. How many pounds are you roasting in the 6x6 tube?

Hey JSA, I put my build on hold for a little while as my need for larger roasts hasn't hit yet, but KramE just finished a very similar design and has just recently starting roasting on the machine. So he would be a better person to ask about the actual functioning of the machine. I'm going to be using a home made forge style burner to heat mine and KramE is using a Sievert burner, he will have to tell you the model. From some calculations that I did you should easily be able to roast 5 lbs with a roast chamber of that size. Let me know if you have any other questions or thoughts. I love talking roaster design.

JSA Coffee
Thanks for responding. Keep me updated when you restart your build.

Jump to Forum: