Click here to register.

Forgotten your password?
Request a new one here.
Shoutbox
You must login to post a message.

11/10/2020 5:29 PM
Welcome MJ, post away! Cheers

11/08/2020 6:05 PM
Hello All, New here, started with an air popper, now using fresh roast 800. I'm here to learn and connect with others Thank you

10/30/2020 11:02 AM
I ... FINALLY ... bought Scott Rao's book. Should receive it on the 19th. (Edit: Bad seller... 3rd party shipping, now scheduled for delivery Nov 28th)

10/30/2020 12:49 AM
Most likely humans manually spamming. thumbdown

10/28/2020 11:07 AM
We continue to get shoutbox spam attacks here. Be sure to never click on any links they post. roar

Users Online
Guests Online: 6

Members Online: 0

Total Members: 6,831
Newest Member: Bananarama
In Memory Of Ginny
Donations

Latest Donations
Anonymous - 5.00
Anonymous - 5.00
renatoa - 2.00
JitterzZ - 2.01
renatoa - 2.00

View Thread

Who is here? 1 guest(s)
 Print Thread
Hello from SW Ontario, Canada
JamesR
Hi all, I've been a home roaster for 10 or 11 years. I got lucky with my first thrift store hot air popcorn popper find - a Popcorn Pumper - and it has been my workhorse for all these years. I've been meaning for a couple of years now to get more scientific in my approach to roasting, and this year I'm modifying my trusty roaster with a thermocouple and a PID. If I can get it to work to my satisfaction, I'll build myself a new roaster in the next year or two.

I currently roast for me and my wife and for my in-laws. My next roaster will be bigger so I can roast for a few more people. I don't think I'll ever go pro, but who knows?

My background is in mathematics & computer science, with a heavy emphasis on electrical engineering, industrial control, and test & measurement systems.
JETROASTER
Hello James and welcome to HRO. Plenty of good stuff here for the engineering geeks. Looking forward to your build.
Cheers, Scott
ginny
welcome, welcome James. nice to have you here and you have found a home for your creation.

lots of help to be had around here...

thank you for posting a hello, we appreciate it.

ginny

roar
Edited by ginny on 11/03/2016 1:35 PM
allenb
Another welcome to HRO! We look forward to your build when you get things underway. Now, if you happen to undertake a gas fired fluidbed, make sure you put some pressure on the guy that first posted to your intro post to post some plan sketches (for general consumption)on a basic "Jetroaster" gas burner. I've been drooling for the chance to build one for a few years now so help me gang up on him!

Allen
1/2 lb and 1 lb drum, Siemens Sirocco fluidbed, presspot, chemex, cajun biggin brewer from the backwoods of Louisiana
JETROASTER
Thank you for that subtle reminder! I haven't forgotten, I promise.
Cheers, Scott
allenb
No rush Scott! We're going to be moving into a leased condo in South Carolina for a few months and then move into a house once we find one in our intended area (with enough space for a large woodworking and roasting shop), then time to get unpacked, setup shop etc...

At least 6 to 8 months before I'd be able to jump back into fabbing roaster parts and making sawdust.

But, now that I've let the cat out of the bag, you might get some pressure from other's here at HRO!

Allen
1/2 lb and 1 lb drum, Siemens Sirocco fluidbed, presspot, chemex, cajun biggin brewer from the backwoods of Louisiana
JamesR

allenb wrote:

Another welcome to HRO! We look forward to your build when you get things underway. Now, if you happen to undertake a gas fired fluidbed, make sure you put some pressure on the guy that first posted to your intro post to post some plan sketches (for general consumption)on a basic "Jetroaster" gas burner. I've been drooling for the chance to build one for a few years now so help me gang up on him!

Allen

Thanks Allen. Given my background in electrical engineering, I'll try to stick to an electric roaster, at least for now. If I ever need something bigger (i.e. more than 1kg), it'll probably have to be propane.
Jump to Forum: