Password

Not a member yet?
Click here to register.

Forgotten your password?
Request a new one here.
Shoutbox
You must login to post a message.

11/26/2020 6:37 AM
Everyone have a super Thanksgiving and may all your roasts turn out stellar woohoo

11/25/2020 4:20 PM
Howdy 1st CH and welcome to HR forum! Be sure to read in the forums to see if anything covers the topic and please post away in drum roaster forums Welcome

11/25/2020 3:35 PM
Hey everyone! I am new to the home roasters forum. Mainly here to read and learn! I’d also love to get advice about modifying my roaster (a Huky 500)

11/10/2020 5:29 PM
Welcome MJ, post away! Cheers

11/08/2020 6:05 PM
Hello All, New here, started with an air popper, now using fresh roast 800. I'm here to learn and connect with others Thank you

Users Online
Guests Online: 8

Members Online: 0

Total Members: 6,834
Newest Member: Turnado
In Memory Of Ginny
Donations

Latest Donations
Anonymous - 5.00
Anonymous - 5.00
renatoa - 2.00
JitterzZ - 2.01
renatoa - 2.00

View Thread

Who is here? 1 guest(s)
 Print Thread
Greetings from South Carolina
Caffiend
Hey Y'all,
I have been home roasting for about 2 years now. Started with a stainless Whirley Pop, then modified air popcorn poppers. Purchased a Behmor 1600+ about a year ago, and have roasted about 200 batches in it. About 6 months ago the Wabash Valley Farms Sweet n Easy Snack machine caught my eye, so I got one and have tried a few roasts with it.

I have an entry level burr grinder (Cuisinart DBM-8) and I brew in a Bonavita 1900TS (rarely), a Hario V60 (sometimes) and the Clever Coffee Dripper (mostly).

I enjoy my coffee black without sugar or cream. Never been in a Starbucks and never had an expresso [sic].

My other interests are listening to music and DIY audio. I design and build vacuum tube audio amplifiers using art deco era triodes and enjoy building high efficiency speakers to listen to my flea-powered amps.

This site is a great resource and I look to learning and contributing!

Caffiend
Mike Turbeville
Sumter, SC
ginny
Mike,

thanks for telling us a bit about yourself, I want to thank you very much...

please enjoy the forums and post away.

ginny

roar
allenb
Hey Mike,

You're in good company here. It seems that coffee roasting, roaster building, bbq smoker building/modifying and tube audio building are common passions we share.

One of our admins, seedlings, is a tube audio aficionado for many years, and you guys might want to talk.

Enjoy!

Allen
1/2 lb and 1 lb drum, Siemens Sirocco fluidbed, presspot, chemex, cajun biggin brewer from the backwoods of Louisiana
Jump to Forum: