Request a new one here.
Shoutbox
You must login to post a message.

09/28/2020 9:48 AM
Working on site improvements, bare with me. smoking

09/28/2020 8:58 AM
Where are the old themes ?!!! Shock

09/28/2020 12:46 AM
Made some changes, shoutbox was working without verification.

09/27/2020 2:53 PM
A lot of shoutbox spam attacks lately. roar

08/28/2020 7:15 PM
I have updated my signature and added links to the KKTO roaster build

Users Online
Guests Online: 5

Members Online: 0

Total Members: 6,748
Newest Member: Ivanwrowl
In Memory Of Ginny
Donations

Latest Donations
Anonymous - 5.00
Anonymous - 5.00
renatoa - 2.00
JitterzZ - 2.01
renatoa - 2.00

View Thread

Who is here? 1 guest(s)
Agree that Cold brew saves time & ='s MONEY!!!
YES! YES! 20%[1 Vote]
NO! NO! 80%[4 Votes]
I LOVE STARBUCKS I LOVE STARBUCKS 0%[0 Votes]
I LOVE DUNKIN DONUTS I LOVE DUNKIN DONUTS 0%[0 Votes]
Total Votes : 5
 Print Thread
Cold Brew to save $600-$1000/year!!!
midwatcha
https://www.reddit.com/r/Coffee/comme...6001000yr/

My first post...please forgive formatting/policy errors. I already did a data dump on reddit & will simply default to that thread for most of the links & data. Please review that large data dump & give me your thoughts, questions, concerns...

Cold brew saves time plain & simple. Your time is worth minimum wage @ least. Starting from there, I changed my way of life looking for ways to save 15 minutes/day, totaling 91hrs/yr, & assuming min.wage of $11/hr you save ~$1000/yr. My brew method for coffee is rather obsessive & time consuming. I have to weigh it out, grind it, add just the right amount of water, boil that water (when using a percolator or aeropress), then clean up my mess. Check out my recent post on the lesser known home roasting coffee subreddit. My coffee roasting method. Basically, cold brew 2 weeks of coffee & store in fridge for use Mon-Fri (days I don't have time for normal brew methods). Then simply heat it up in the am in microwave, no mess, no fuss.

My weekend brew method when time is on my side...is shared here: https://www.reddit.com/r/AeroPress/co...aeropress/
Randy
thumbdown
If at first you don't succeed...destroy all evidence that you tried - Steven Wright
JackH
I think most people here homeroast for the taste and freshness of the coffee and expense and time does not always seem to be a factor (at least not to me).

I am usually up early each morning to check the site before going to work and I really enjoy making coffee then. I would not miss the ground coffee smell for anything.
---Jack

KKTO Roaster.
allenb
My thoughts exactly. 3/4 of my love of coffee is the process; cool grinding and brewing toys plus aroma during the prep and brewing. Without that, it would be like any other favorite beverage.

Allen
1/2 lb and 1 lb drum, Siemens Sirocco fluidbed, presspot, chemex, cajun biggin brewer from the backwoods of Louisiana
snwcmpr
Only for the rare occasion I need caffeine and don't have home roast.
Taste and cost then are not a factor. "I Need A Fix."

Don't tell anyone .... I have a stash of Cafe Bustelo instant espresso packets.
--------------
Backwoods Roaster
"I wish I could taste as well as I wish I could roast."

As Abraham Lincoln said "Do not trust everything you read on the internet".
coffeeroastersclub
I've been kinda wondering how much time I'd save by not using toilet paper ...smoking
"If this is coffee, please bring me some tea but if this is tea, please bring me some coffee." ~Abraham Lincoln
Anyhowe
Well that only makes sense if you use the 15 minutes saved on something else more valuable. Then of course you can save time there as well, and it becomes an endless circle of never enjoying the moment. Without a doubt if you wear diapers and only change one time per day to can 'make' on average $60k per year.
midwatcha
http://bfy.tw/ASHV

Based on these figures, average person spends $749/year on coffee outside their home & up to $1100 annually. I'm not convinced people truly understand that coffee is the 2nd most consumed beverage in the world (water 1st), 2nd most traded commodity (oil 1st), & that they are spending almost as much on coffee per year as they are on gas commuting to & from work. Unless your name is Donald or Hillary, i'm pretty sure we are all concerned about the dollars in our pockets.

Personally, my goal is to drink my normal quantity coffee with superior home roasted quality under $300/year for the 52 pounds I drink each year. BBQ grill
jkoll42

Anyhowe wrote:

Without a doubt if you wear diapers and only change one time per day to can 'make' on average $60k per year.

roar
-Jon
Honey badger 1k, Bunn LPG-2E, Technivorm, Cimbali Max Hybrid, Vibiemme Double Domo V3
Jump to Forum: