Print Thread
Artisan UP AND RUNNING!!!
Randy
My undying gratitude for fellow roaster and member here AJF (Alan) for spending two hours on a Sunday afternoon helping a fellow roaster whom he had never met getting Artisan up and running...he even did a house call!
As it turns out, I had downloaded an older version of Artisan. Once Alan got rid of it and down loaded the correct version...and after much programing so that I could use it to control the hottop as well, I have a working version of Artisan!
The only thing that took more patience with the program was my annoying Argentinian Mastiff puppy (well at 10 months old he's not so much a puppy anymore) who was neutered on Thursday and today, being his first day out on the property...he felt the need to bark constantly outside as if to alert everyone that his lack of testicles had nothing to do with his ability to protect the property...Shock
Thank you Alan!
If at first you don't succeed...destroy all evidence that you tried - Steven Wright

Randy
Well, thanks to Alan, I have done a few roasts with Artisan. I did manual roasts and did not use Artisan to control the roaster...yet. I was a bit confused by some of the graph readings...luckily Alan again very generously took a Sunday morning call to answer my questions.
Being able to observe the differences in my roasts by the graphs was invaluable and quite eye opening.
One, maybe two more roasts today...this next one I will let Artisan control the roaster and see how it goes...
If at first you don't succeed...destroy all evidence that you tried - Steven Wright

Jump to Forum: