Members Online: 0

Total Members: 7,178
Newest Member: Frisky turkey

View Thread

Who is here? 1 guest(s)
 Print Thread
Hello from DFW Texas
Swiftflow
New to the board and excited to get started trying to roast a bit. Found your forum from researching a bread machine setup and have a system built but not quite ready as I am running into issues with the paddle moving up (will have to figure out how to do a set screw) Anyway, looking forward to roasting and talking roasting!
cross fingers
jkoll42
Welcome!

Drill, tap, set screw or if you want to do it lazier drill, cotter pin. No judgement either way from me ThumbsUp
-Jon
Honey badger 1k, Bunn LPG-2E, Technivorm, Cimbali Max Hybrid, Vibiemme Double Domo V3
Swiftflow

jkoll42 wrote:

Welcome!

Drill, tap, set screw or if you want to do it lazier drill, cotter pin. No judgement either way from me ThumbsUp

Had not thought of the cotter pin option--thanks, I will try the set screw option as I ordered the stuff on amazon, but this gives me a plan B. With the current bypass I put in removing all the original circuits the thing is just fast RPM. Not wanting to invest in a Variable speed drive or rig a bigger wheel to turn on the belt system, I will see how the set holds at the rapid speed. Hopefully there is no downside to moving the beans at 120 rpm versus the ideal 60-70 rpm.
allenb
Another Welcome! Thanks for Joining.
You're in good company roasting in a bread machine as we've got more than a few Corretto users here from the Land Down Under.

Post often,

Allen
1/2 lb and 1 lb drum, Siemens Sirocco fluidbed, presspot, chemex, cajun biggin brewer from the backwoods of Louisiana
ChicagoJohn
Welcome
So many beans; so little time....
SmokNmirz
Welcome and enjoy you coffee roasting trip. I have been roasting for about 5 years and have had a lot of fun, not to mention frest beans when I need them!
L-1p, HG-1-motorized, Monolith Flat, (ordered) mini500Plus.

If whatever you do does not put a smile on your face then rethink what you are doing.
Jump to Forum: