Members Online: 0

Total Members: 8,165
Newest Member: Ramper

View Thread

Who is here? 1 guest(s)
 Print Thread
Quarterly Coffee Exchange @
Too Tall
Hi everyone. I'm a longtime reader and just beginning to post here. Myself and a few other good friends are banding together to form a quarterly coffee exchange. Our goal is to experience other peoples roasts and varietals. Also to gain insights how to better roast from comments when we do exchange.

Our first exchange just happened and it was a hit. We are small for now and expect to grow as we vet new folks.

If you are interested send me a note or better, login at www.velocipedesalon.com and send me ( Too Tall )a note there for the password and access.

We are a large webforum, similar to this, however we all ride and race bicycles. The love for good coffee go hand in hand.

Here are the beans I sent for the first exchange >>

farm5.staticflickr.com/4231/35847504615_6ab4da9881_z.jpgIMG_3371 2 by Josh Simonds, on Flickr
Edited by Too Tall on 07/10/2017 7:34 PM

allenb
Hi Josh and big welcome to HRO! It sure looks like you guys have a load of fun touring the globe and racing on some very nice bikes! Excellent coffee and bikes do go together.

Another earlier contributing member, endlesscycles (Marshall Hance) from Asheville NC. who ended up putting a coffee roasting business together and building his own commercial grade fluidbed roaster is an avid cyclist.

Glad to hear your first exchange was a hit. Looking forward to hearing from members of your group with their roasting adventures.

Allen
1/2 lb and 1 lb drum, Siemens Sirocco fluidbed, presspot, chemex, cajun biggin brewer from the backwoods of Louisiana

Too Tall
Thanks Allen. Appreciated. I'll stay active here for sure and the others now have this link.

I'm not sure how to find others who are into quarterly exchanges other than build relationships here and there!

I'm roasting this weekend after a good pal comes over this week to "inspect" my beans. His roasts are amazing so I'm hoping for a strong learning experience. Pictures are ok but the real test is a cuppa right?

Jump to Forum: