renatoa
04/18/2024 12:36 AM
bijurexim, greyberry2, N C, welcome2

renatoa
04/17/2024 9:27 AM
morning, branchu

renatoa
04/14/2024 5:56 AM
TheOtherJim and papajim, welcome to forum !

allenb
04/11/2024 6:33 PM
Zemona Welcome

renatoa
04/11/2024 9:19 AM
Mrbones and sgupta, coffee drink ?

In Memory Of Ginny
Donations

Latest Donations
dmccallum - 10.00
JackH - 25.00
snwcmpr - 10.00
Anonymous - 2.00
Anonymous - 5.00
Users Online
Guests Online: 3

Members Online: 0

Total Members: 8,211
Newest Member: bijurexim

View Thread

Who is here? 1 guest(s)
 Print Thread
Artisan / Hottop /macbook
dfk53
NEED HELP!!!! Can anyone give me some insight on what is wrong? setup Artisan exactly as in manual have no control at all I don"t think it is even seeing my Mac, temp reads 32,just will not connect

dfk53
Hours of frustration only to find out the USB Cable that came with the roaster was BAD

allenb
Glad to hear it's an easy fix. Hopefully the hours spent helped you get more acquainted with the inner workings of Artisan and not totally wasted time!

Allen
1/2 lb and 1 lb drum, Siemens Sirocco fluidbed, presspot, chemex, cajun biggin brewer from the backwoods of Louisiana

Chops
I am having an issue with my Hottop -2K+ connecting to my MacBook Pro. It was working up until about 2 weeks ago. I had updated my OS. Then downloaded the latest version of Artisan v 2.4.2 and now they don't connect. I tried removing Artisan and restarting and re-downloading. Still no connection. I am using the FT230X UART.

MAC OS Catalina v10.15.7
Artisan v 2.4.2
Mac Book mid 2015

If anyone can help troubleshoot, that would be great. I just got a new bag of beans and am ready to heat them up and try them but no roaster. Shock

MaKoMo
There is no known issue with that combination. I just tested Artisan v2.4.2 under macOS 10.15.7 with my Hottop 2k+ and it worked flawless. Only the previous release v2.4.0 is known to break communication with the Hottop. Your issue must be related to the FTDI driver (you should never install an extra FTDI driver as you might run into driver conflicts with the one that is included in all newer macOS systems!) or a wrong serial port selection under Config >> Ports.

allenb
Marko, thanks for your continued help and support for our Artisan/hottop users! I know you are a very busy guy with all the work you pour into Artisan. Much appreciated. ThumbsUp
1/2 lb and 1 lb drum, Siemens Sirocco fluidbed, presspot, chemex, cajun biggin brewer from the backwoods of Louisiana

MaKoMo

MaKoMo wrote:

There is no known issue with that combination. I just tested Artisan v2.4.2 under macOS 10.15.7 with my Hottop 2k+ and it worked flawless. Only the previous release v2.4.0 is known to break communication with the Hottop. Your issue must be related to the FTDI driver (you should never install an extra FTDI driver as you might run into driver conflicts with the one that is included in all newer macOS systems!) or a wrong serial port selection under Config >> Ports.

I was wrong. Another issue related to Apple app signing and parallel processing was found in v2.4.2 that broke communication under some macOS 10.15 systems. I found a fix and uploaded a new build 3 of v2.4.2 to Github. Sorry for the confusion.

mtroaster
Hey Everyone -
I have researched this topic extensively with no help connecting my Mac / Artisan to my new Hottop 2k+.

Artisan 2.4.2 (have tried many others with no luck)
MacBook Pro 2018 (all new usb-c ports) (tried multiple cords)
Mac 10.15.7

I assume, as mentioned, it's with the serial port as it never appears to talk to the computer at all, however, have been unable to figure it out. (see attachment -- after 'config' -> 'hottop' -> then press 'On' -- that message displays."Serial Exception: Unable to open serial port')

Appreciate any help !
mtroaster attached the following image:
screen_shot_2020-11-06_at_35442_pm.png

Edited by mtroaster on 11/06/2020 5:56 PM

JackH
You tried Build 3 of Artisan 2.4.2 that MaKoMo mentioned?
I am not familiar with Mac, is there a way to see connected devices similar to the device manager in windows?

You will need to know if the mac sees the device when it is plugged in.
Edited by JackH on 11/12/2020 6:01 PM
---Jack

KKTO Roaster.

Jump to Forum: