Total Members: 7,178
Newest Member: Frisky turkey

View Thread

Who is here? 1 guest(s)
 Print Thread
Howdy from Texas
ManCaveCoffee
Another new guy here checking in.

After about seven years more-or-less happily roasting on a Behmor, I shoved my new Beh+ under the workbench after about a month. Decided a major paradigm change was in order.

So mid-July I got myself a 'proper' roaster, scaled down to home roast size. It's a BC2 (formerly BC600), 2018 model, propane-fired drum roaster.

I couldn't be happier, but the thing is that I feel like a total n00b all over again! So I'm here and at other forums and youtube, etc. madly soaking up information.

Also hoping to provide info here as well, if possible, maybe about the Behmor or whatever other esoterica I may have picked up along the way.

Best,
-Jon
1 Behmor, 1 Behmor+. I use neither because I got a propane 1 Kilo drum roaster this July, 2017. So after 6-7 years with the Behmor I am once again a newbie.
8 or more storebought ways to brew coffee; an unlimited # of field-expedient methods.
SmokNmirz
Congratulations on the upgrade! Those look like nice machines and I came close to buying one for an upgrade from my Quest that I have had for several years.

BC sure has several roasters from which to choose and it will be interesting to see what you find in its operation.

I upgraded to a Bella Taiwan mini500 Plus and it is somewhere in the build/shipping process now. I will be following your roasts closely to see if we find the same stuff :-) Great hobby, better than golf :-)
L-1p, HG-1-motorized, Monolith Flat, (ordered) mini500Plus.

If whatever you do does not put a smile on your face then rethink what you are doing.
ManCaveCoffee
Thanks! Yeah, I'm having a lot of fun with the new machine. Working with profiles that I can see on my computer is a big step up from the B'more, and I'm yet to find a good general set of RoRs to go by through the roast phases. After I get that down I should be in good shape. Still, I'm managing to muddle along with pretty good results.

Hey that Mini 500 looks like a neat machine! I'm really looking forward to reading your impressions of it here.

Regards,
-Jon
1 Behmor, 1 Behmor+. I use neither because I got a propane 1 Kilo drum roaster this July, 2017. So after 6-7 years with the Behmor I am once again a newbie.
8 or more storebought ways to brew coffee; an unlimited # of field-expedient methods.
Jump to Forum: