Who is here? 1 guest(s)
 Print Thread
New here also
mkane
Been roasting 10 days now using Whirly Pop and my results are improving. Very enjoyable hobby so far. Thank's for the site.
JackH
Welcome to Homeroasters!

The Whirly pop is a great way to start roasting. What type of beans are you roasting?
---Jack

KKTO Roaster.
mkane
Thanks for the welcome. So far 3 kinds from Guatemala, 1 from Nicaragua, something called Indian Mysore and there's another bean in the freezer. I have 3 more on order. The first to roasts I guess you could say I burned up. After those I got smart & being a rookie and removed from fire at the first sign of second crack.
I was also not letting the roasted beans rest long enough and after more research I let the Indian Mysore rest 5 days and what a change. My roasting has been 4 oz ata time.
turtle
Welcome to HRO.

I have been so tempted to get a whirly pop every time I find one at the local thrift stores.

All I have seen have been new/unused and $5 +/-. The wife just won't let me get another coffee device unless I really whine. I am more apt to whine for an unusual brewer than another roasting method that I more than likely would never use.
Mick - "Drinking in life one cup at a time"
"I'd rather be roasting coffee"

Roaster 1: San Franciscan SF-1
Roaster 2: Hottop B-2K+
Roaster 3: 2 kilo Chinese drum
Grinders: Mazzer Major - Forte BG (x3)
Pour over: Hario - Bee House - Chemex - Kalita - Bodum
Drip: Bunn CWTF15-1 & CW15-TC (commercials)
Espresso: Pasquini Livia 90 auto
Vacuum: Cona - Bodum
Press: Frieling - Bodum Colombia
Jump to Forum: