Members Online: 0

Total Members: 8,165
Newest Member: Ramper

View Thread

Who is here? 1 guest(s)
 Print Thread
Behmor 1600 Roaster Longevity and Durabillity
Catzforall
I have recently gotten into roasting my own coffee and love it very much. I am facing a dilemma with my current roasting solution. Currently I am using a popcorn popper to roast. I am starting to sell to my neighbors and coworkers and need a better solution. Can the Behmor handle multiple roasts in sequence without overheating or breaking? Thank you. It seems a gas powered roaster is a bit out of my scope right now

TXRoaster
I have had my Behmor for about one year. It is built like a tank and a real workhorse. In that time, I have done almost 100 roasts. In that time, the only thing that has gone out is the afterburner. Customer support was excellent. They shipped one out the next day. Directions are given on how to replace it. I?ve been very happy with mine. The capability to roast up to 1 pound is excellent. The value or cost of the roaster it?s very hard to beat. You do need to know that you have to wait one hour, as per the instruction manual, before you do your next roast to let the components cool.

Catzforall
Thank you very much, that helps me a lot! The one hour wait inbetween is a bit of a bummer but is totally understandable! I am either going to get the Behmor or one of the cheaper Kaldi gas heated roasters. I am going to try to learn a bit more about the Kaldi before making a decision.

renatoa
You can DIY a TO based roaster, cheaper and higher capacity than behmor, also better outcome. Being built by yourself you will never worry about spare parts or repairs.
I could roast 2 kg in one hour with mine if really hurry, but never been.
My typical 800g roast session with complete cleaning and preheat for next batch is half hour.
Roasters: DIY: TO based IR 200-640g
Moded commercial: Skywalker, Dieckmann RoestMeister, Nesco, popper(s).
Electrics: TC4ESP, MS6514, USB/Artisan/Apps, PID controllers
Grinders: Arco, Xeoleo ghost burrs, Krinder, vintage PeDe Dienes, MBK Feldgrind
Brew/presso: ALM pour over, Arin lever, Staresso Mirage, Hario Cafeor dripper, Flair, Kompresso, Rota Aeropress, Gaggia Mini

Catzforall
I would love to that. Unfortunately I need something right away to start road not beans again. I can?t have too much downtime. I?m considering a small kaldi roaster because of the behmor?s apparent inability to do dark roast

Jump to Forum: