Not a member yet?
Click here to register.

Forgotten your password?
Request a new one here.
You must login to post a message.

03/23/2023 10:31 AM
Welcome, bob22 and hu

03/22/2023 8:52 AM
Thanks skpacman! all help with our site is much appreciated! ThumbsUp

03/20/2023 8:57 PM
Added some code to combat against bots. If anyone has issues with it, let me know. ❤

03/19/2023 4:55 AM
frankvanhaarlem, fenix and Andyleighmyers welcome to forum

03/16/2023 2:51 AM
@sandpiper, coffee drink

In Memory Of Ginny

Latest Donations
dmccallum - 10.00
JackH - 25.00
snwcmpr - 10.00
Anonymous - 2.00
Anonymous - 5.00
Users Online
Guests Online: 12

Members Online: 0

Total Members: 7,830
Newest Member: bob22

View Thread

Who is here? 1 guest(s)
 Print Thread
Low fat fryer for heating
Wiz Kalita
I'm looking into building a TC, and most of the turbo oven-like devices I see are low fat fryers. It looks similar enough to the halogen ovens popular in the US, but I've never used one and I don't know if it's quite the same thing. The temperature dial on one I'm looking at goes up to 250?C, and the heating is 1300 W, but I'm not sure if it's all from the halogen heating elements or if any heat is provided by spraying hot oil. Any experiences?
Wiz Kalita attached the following image:
No spray, is the classic oven lid we all are basing our builds.

You could also get a Sunpentown version fitted with carbon fiber FIR instead halogen tube, better results with IR + convection instead convection majoritar heating.
More expensive at about $60 lid only, as spare part, but the digital control unit will save you all the electronics you need to buy for the heater control, temperature measurement and timer
Wiz Kalita
Thanks. Do you know if there is a significant difference between the regular oven lids and the ones for cheap oil fryers like the one in my picture? I suspect some of them are basically convection ovens plus a nozzle that can be disconnected. I don't think Sunpentown is available in Europe but I'll keep my eyes out for IR ovens.
The one in your picture is not for oil frying !
It is for hot air convection.
Oil frying are completely closed metal cases, with a large bowl for some 2-3 liters of oil for deep immersion of the food to be fried.

If you mean the small glass with the black cap in the left of your picture is an oil sprayer, then it is for manual usage, not something automatic inside oven during roast.
If I assumed right, then the lid is standard, there is no need for special oil resistance build, because oil is on food, not in the hot air.
Edited by renatoa on 10/25/2018 12:10 PM
Wiz Kalita
This machine is being sold as a low fat fryer similar to the ones from Philips, but if the oil has to be applied manually I guess they're basically the same device. Immersion deep fryers are entirely different of course, although I suppose they could work as well if you have an oil that survives the high temperature ... First crack would be very dangerous, though.
Jump to Forum:

Similar Threads

Thread Forum Replies Last Post
Heating elements Fluidbed Roaster 16 03/21/2023 9:40 AM
DIY Kanthal A1 heating coil Heat Gun Roasting 20 06/23/2022 6:24 AM
Repairing/replacing heating element Popcorn Popper roasting 8 05/08/2022 3:09 AM
The distance between the heating element and the inlet mesh? Fluidbed Roaster 1 02/18/2022 10:05 AM
B-A-R heating element Fluidbed Roaster 5 02/16/2022 10:50 AM
Homeroasters Association Logo, and all Content, Images, and Icons © 2005-2016 Homeroasters Association - Logos are the property of their respective owners.
Powered by PHP-Fusion Copyright © 2023 PHP-Fusion Inc
Released as free software without warranties under GNU Affero GPL v3
Designed with by NetriX
Hosted by skpacman