Who is here? 1 guest(s)
 Print Thread
TC4ESP
tam
I am a novice with arduino-ide but managed to compile and upload a blink sketch to my esp8266 using Debian 11 and
arduino-ide_2.2.1_Linux_64bit.

Placed contents of TC4-shield-master/applications/Artisan/aArtisanESP/tags/REL_aArtisanESP_1_0/aArtisanESP.zip into my
sketchbook folder and get these errors trying to compile aArtisanESP.ino:

/home/tam/Arduino/aArtisanESP/cmndreader.cpp: In member function 'virtual boolean unitsCmnd::doCommand(CmndParser*)':
/home/tam/Arduino/aArtisanESP/cmndreader.cpp:495:1: error: control reaches end of non-void function [-Werror=return-type]
495 | }
| ^
/home/tam/Arduino/aArtisanESP/cmndreader.cpp: In member function 'virtual boolean pidCmnd::doCommand(CmndParser*)':
/home/tam/Arduino/aArtisanESP/cmndreader.cpp:651:1: error: control reaches end of non-void function [-Werror=return-type]
651 | }
| ^
cc1plus: some warnings being treated as errors

exit status 1

Compilation error: control reaches end of non-void function [-Werror=return-type]

Can anyone help with this?
Thanks

renatoa
Just checked, and I hate when I have to say this, but... it worked for me

Did you copied the content of libraries folder from archive to libraries folder of Arduino ?
As I sketched in attached screen
renatoa attached the following image:
image_2024-06-19_132039554.png

tam
Thanks for responding, I have copied the archive library folder contents to my sketchbook folder:

ls Arduino/libraries/
adcButton cmndproc Newliquidcrystal_1.3.5 PWM16-ESP
cADC espEEPROM PID_v1 thermocouple

ls Arduino/aArtisanESP/
aArtisanESP.ino cmndreader.h espProfiles.ino phase_ctrl.h
aArtisanQ_PID.ino ESP8266 libESP.h SGfilters.ino
cmndreader.cpp espData.h phase_ctrl.cpp user.h

Also inside arduino-ide gui under Sketch>include_libraries> I see them as available.

tam
Fixed by downgrading my esp8266 arduino core to version 3.0.

renatoa
Ah... this explains a lot... project is 5 years old, code written for 2.x core.
Added this requirement to the first post. Also github Instructions file updated.

Jump to Forum: