Password

Not a member yet?
Click here to register.

Forgotten your password?
Request a new one here.
Shoutbox
You must login to post a message.

11/26/2020 6:37 AM
Everyone have a super Thanksgiving and may all your roasts turn out stellar woohoo

11/25/2020 4:20 PM
Howdy 1st CH and welcome to HR forum! Be sure to read in the forums to see if anything covers the topic and please post away in drum roaster forums Welcome

11/25/2020 3:35 PM
Hey everyone! I am new to the home roasters forum. Mainly here to read and learn! I’d also love to get advice about modifying my roaster (a Huky 500)

11/10/2020 5:29 PM
Welcome MJ, post away! Cheers

11/08/2020 6:05 PM
Hello All, New here, started with an air popper, now using fresh roast 800. I'm here to learn and connect with others Thank you

Users Online
Guests Online: 4

Members Online: 0

Total Members: 6,833
Newest Member: CafeLast
In Memory Of Ginny
Donations

Latest Donations
Anonymous - 5.00
Anonymous - 5.00
renatoa - 2.00
JitterzZ - 2.01
renatoa - 2.00

View Thread

Who is here? 1 guest(s)
 Print Thread
gene café shut down
alex73
hello, im from france and I have a problem, when i plugged it, the led goes on and then i push start and .... nothing, it shut down, not led nothing.... i have mesures 18v on output from the transformer (230v) the tension is correct? what can i check? thanks a lot!! ????????
renatoa
Every radiator is a voltage regulator: 3.3 or 5V for processor, 12V for cooler, and a third I guess could be the static relay for main agitation motor.
Try measure every pin and find if there are relevant voltages delivered.
alex73
thank you i can’t mesure because yet he roaster shutdown in 10 sec max with no power and instantly when i press the red button....
JackH
Do you see any error messages (E1 - E4) on the display?

I think this unit also has an interlock switch preventing operation if the door is open. Check seating of the cover.
---Jack

KKTO Roaster.
alex73
hello, no, I can’t seee any message... the display switch off immediately
renatoa
When modded a Gene, operating it completely uncased, didn't noticed any such thing as a cover switch.

Power off after 10 seconds sounds to me as a poly fuse, a special type of reseatable fuse that not need replacement. Electronics usually trip instant, does not have a warming time. And they don't recover, especially when magic smoke is released Grin
Check on the boards for a component looking as this:
https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Resetta...table_fuse
alex73
Can you confirm me, the transformer is 12v ac output or 18v??? Thank you! I suspect it.
renatoa
Roasting glass removed nope, because there is a sensor in the left wheel, sensing the glass presence, and also the whole assembly proper rotation.
But transparent cover has no switch, you can roast with cover up or removed.
Same for the upper half of the main body, removing it expose everything, but let machine operate as normal.
alex73

[quote]because there is a sensor in the left wheel /quote]

Can't see any sensor.....
renatoa
Check the label of the plugs in the left side of mainboard: motor, temp sensor, and the next plug, if I remember well...
alex73
Ok I see It, it's the sensor for the wheel position, si I've receveid the transformer and guess it.... It's not it fault.... :( I'm pretty shrue it's the power card. May have to change it too..
Jump to Forum: