renatoa
04/18/2024 12:36 AM
bijurexim, greyberry2, N C, welcome2

renatoa
04/17/2024 9:27 AM
morning, branchu

renatoa
04/14/2024 5:56 AM
TheOtherJim and papajim, welcome to forum !

allenb
04/11/2024 6:33 PM
Zemona Welcome

In Memory Of Ginny
Donations

Latest Donations
dmccallum - 10.00
JackH - 25.00
snwcmpr - 10.00
Anonymous - 2.00
Anonymous - 5.00
Users Online
Guests Online: 2

Members Online: 0

Total Members: 8,212
Newest Member: eximwind

View Thread

Who is here? 1 guest(s)
 Print Thread
Warning* Roasting and using you stove hood
kwrcst
Hi all. Thought I?d pass this along. For those of you who roast inside and use your stoves exhaust hood to control smoke, be aware of the upstream effects. I use a fresh roast and put it on the stove top so I can vent the smoke and fumes. My hood is my microwave. Lately, it hasn?t been sucking smoke as well and my smoke detectors have been going off every once in a while. I?ve regularly been cleaning the filter on the hood as well.

Anyway, I took the microwave down thinking I needed to run a sweep up the stack pipe to make sure it was clear. The pipe looked ok but the microwave was crazy dirty. I ended up stripping the sides down, took off the bottom plate and removed the blowers. There was a crazy amount of coffee dust and oils covering every surface the air flows to vent. This was a 2hr job. I don?t think it is a fire hazard or anything but it could easily cut the blower life short and not properly vent anything you need it too

My word of advise is if you use this as a method of smoke control, you may want to take it apart every couple of months and do a deep clean.

Just thought I?d share my experience

Kelly

mkane
New one on me , a microwave to cook coffee.
Always learning

JackH
I think he was using the built in microwave (over the stove) power vent to exhaust the roasting smoke. Coffee roasting does contain a lot of oils and other gunk. I clean my turbo oven or it will seize the fan motor and block the air vents.
---Jack

KKTO Roaster.

mkane
I get that part but who would have thought to even use a micro wave. May have to try it myself.
Always learning

Jump to Forum: