Password

Not a member yet?
Click here to register.

Forgotten your password?
Request a new one here.
Shoutbox
You must login to post a message.

11/26/2020 6:37 AM
Everyone have a super Thanksgiving and may all your roasts turn out stellar woohoo

11/25/2020 4:20 PM
Howdy 1st CH and welcome to HR forum! Be sure to read in the forums to see if anything covers the topic and please post away in drum roaster forums Welcome

11/25/2020 3:35 PM
Hey everyone! I am new to the home roasters forum. Mainly here to read and learn! I’d also love to get advice about modifying my roaster (a Huky 500)

11/10/2020 5:29 PM
Welcome MJ, post away! Cheers

11/08/2020 6:05 PM
Hello All, New here, started with an air popper, now using fresh roast 800. I'm here to learn and connect with others Thank you

Users Online
Guests Online: 10

Members Online: 0

Total Members: 6,835
Newest Member: sangrai kopi
In Memory Of Ginny
Donations

Latest Donations
Anonymous - 5.00
Anonymous - 5.00
renatoa - 2.00
JitterzZ - 2.01
renatoa - 2.00

View Thread

Who is here? 1 guest(s)
 Print Thread
Ametek Motor -Speed Control / Arduino Control???
renatoa
You make me curious to test if a generic vacuum blower can or not be controlled by a $12 SCR voltage regulator, from Amazon/eBay/China.
Seems so... as you can see from the video I did:

madhatter349

renatoa wrote:

You make me curious to test if a generic vacuum blower can or not be controlled by a $12 SCR voltage regulator, from Amazon/eBay/China.
Seems so... as you can see from the video I did:

the SCR's I tried had limited scope, with my arduino I am able to run the motor at 6% speed.
renatoa
At 12 my motor stopped. 12... on display, they are unknown units, they surely aren't percents or volts.
For me is enough control range, ymmv.
madhatter349

renatoa wrote:

At 12 my motor stopped. 12... on display, they are unknown units, they surely aren't percents or volts.
For me is enough control range, ymmv.

I have a feeling these units are hit or miss. I was using one well until I somehow blew some component. My ideal was figuring out how to accurately control the motor with arduino which I did.
koffeegrounds
Get a 25 amp SSR and a DSPR1 From Auber electronics, don't forget the heat sink. This is what i use on my commercial roasters.
renatoa
No need for a heatsink for the motor.
I run 1300 W heaters (6 Amps 230 V) on 25Amp ssr without any heatsink, and it is barely warm, surely under the 60 C skin touch test limit.
Current is what matters for SSR heat dissipation, not power of the heater.
For 110V current is double, could be different a different case, current being double for same power, the heat could be 20-30C degrees more.

Beware to cheap Fotek fake labelled SSRs, the 25 Amps labelled units were found inside fitted with 16 or even 12 Amps triacs. The 40 Amps units with 25 Amps triac. They aren't bad for the price, but you should use them at half of rated current to be safe.
madhatter349

koffeegrounds wrote:

Get a 25 amp SSR and a DSPR1 From Auber electronics, don't forget the heat sink. This is what i use on my commercial roasters.

I got a 40 amp SSR from Newark, which I presume should be reputable and reliable
https://www.newark.com/multicomp/mc002318/solid-state-relay-40a-4-32vdc/dp/48AC9134
madhatter349

renatoa wrote:

No need for a heatsink for the motor.
I run 1300 W heaters (6 Amps 230 V) on 25Amp ssr without any heatsink, and it is barely warm, surely under the 60 C skin touch test limit.
Current is what matters for SSR heat dissipation, not power of the heater.
For 110V current is double, could be different a different case, current being double for same power, the heat could be 20-30C degrees more.

Beware to cheap Fotek fake labelled SSRs, the 25 Amps labelled units were found inside fitted with 16 or even 12 Amps triacs. The 40 Amps units with 25 Amps triac. They aren't bad for the price, but you should use them at half of rated current to be safe.

Ya its crazy the Foteks may be fake, I avoided the fotek as well because I couldn't find a random fire SSR from them.....

I bought this https://www.newark.com/multicomp/mc002318/solid-state-relay-40a-4-32vdc/dp/48AC9134
renatoa
All Foteks I used so far are random fire, I don't know any ZC model labelled Fotek.
Jump to Forum: