Click here to register.

Forgotten your password?
Request a new one here.
Shoutbox
You must login to post a message.

12/02/2021 6:47 AM
tahoeguy and sanakashyap220, coffee drink

12/01/2021 12:48 PM
Hey Ren, thanks for checking all the newcomers in!. You beat me to it most of the time but I am checking often. Grin

12/01/2021 6:16 AM
PGS_QLD, welcome !

11/29/2021 9:33 AM
Welcome, Andyc, coffeeswings and chuckster!

11/25/2021 1:17 AM
RJ30, JackedUp and CapnWhidbey, Welcome !

In Memory Of Ginny
Donations

Latest Donations
JackH - 25.00
snwcmpr - 10.00
Anonymous - 2.00
Anonymous - 5.00
Anonymous - 5.00
Users Online
Guests Online: 24

Members Online: 0

Total Members: 7,369
Newest Member: tahoeguy

View Thread

Who is here? 1 guest(s)
 Print Thread
Aliexpress Fluid Bed roaster 300g
renatoa

...this picture...
? forgot to attach ?

Looking again at OP pictures, I don't see any voltage engraving near the knobs, but FAN and TC.
Are you sure that what you believe to be voltage aren't degrees ?!!! 220V ... 220 C degrees, they match a lot the range and could fool you thinking you are varying volts, while you could have inside a PID and what are you changing is the setpoint !!!
It make a lot sense to me such design, instead letting you change a "voltage", that actually tell nothing to most roasters...
Edited by renatoa on 11/10/2020 1:32 AM

trisse
Here is the picture, sorry. No I'm not sure at all, but the voltage kinda fits my experience how the heater reacts when i turn the know.

[img]https://i.ibb.co/r0QPs2f/Untitled.png' alt='i.ibb.co/WfPh8gJ/8885194891294531103.webp[/img]

The seller also told it it shows voltage when i asked. I think mine is the 3 version of this roaster, the older one looks like this and there it says voltage.

[img]https://i.ibb.co/r0QPs2f/Untitled.png' style='border:0px' class='forum-img' />

Also i have a hatch on the backside i open and i think tracked the thermocouples over the heater, one goes out to my usb dongle and the other one goes to the left display. For a pid it must have a thermocouple right?

Edit: I really cant upload the pictures correctly, sorry
Edited by JackH on 11/11/2020 3:10 AM

renatoa
Yes, sadly is voltage...
https://www.aliex...91688.html

It is too cheap to be a true RMS meter, so is highly questionable what are you really measuring there.

You can read here what are the quirks with AC voltage measurement:
https://electroni...meter.html

JackH

Edit: I really cant upload the pictures correctly, sorry

Your links to the images in this post seem to be bad. The first does not have a supported file extension (8885194891294531103.webp).

Your earlier post with many images is OK. All used .jpg files.
---Jack

KKTO Roaster.

Jackhk

trisse wrote:

Hi! This will be my first post here. I want to make a reviw on my newly bought fluid bed roaster from aliexpress

First of all im very happy with my purchase. I payed a total of 600 dollars for this machine including the usb dongle for connection to computer. The roaster have a lot of power both on the fan and the heater i normal use about 70% of the heater capacity and only max 50% of the fan.

Something that not work so well is the chaff collector. When connection a ventilation hose, the chaff collector have a tendency to leak and spout chaff all over the place.

The included thermocouples are k type and seems not to be so accurate. Also i think the BT probe is to short so i have ordered a new longer probe.

Feel free to ask me anything and please give me some tips on how to roast better.

Nice roaster :-)

How many temperatur probe do your machine have, is the BT probe the only one?
Can you control the roast from your computer for profile roasting?

renatoa
2 probes and no control, already stated in thread.

If in US you can consider SR800 instead.

Jackhk

renatoa wrote:

2 probes and no control, already stated in thread.

If in US you can consider SR800 instead.

Thx. so inlet air probe and BT, I have try some time to figure out is there a inlet probe and where the probe is located, the chinese is not to much help

Maybe possible to modify control with TC4+

I 'm unfortunately located in 220/230V country

trisse
Well its actually two inlet air probes. One goes to the display on the roaster and the other one goes to the usb dongle. The problem is that the included probes are low quality and show temperature wrong. I don't know how to change the inlet probes as they are what seems clued to the roaster

Jackhk

trisse wrote:

Well its actually two inlet air probes. One goes to the display on the roaster and the other one goes to the usb dongle. The problem is that the included probes are low quality and show temperature wrong. I don't know how to change the inlet probes as they are what seems clued to the roaster

Thx for your experience and info, appreciated very much

renatoa
Maybe changing/modding the sheath would help...
It seems that is not a common knowledge that measuring moving gases requires a special shaped sheath.

By clued (glued I guess), do you mean welded ?

Jump to Forum: