Click here to register.

Forgotten your password?
Request a new one here.
Shoutbox
You must login to post a message.

10/17/2021 12:40 PM
Ploni and nader fouad, Welcome!

10/15/2021 2:19 AM
merlot85, maycondelpiero and hoeltz, Welcome !

10/14/2021 10:06 AM
Thanks for the addition to the group. Seriously considering building a drum roaster along the lines of oldgrumpus's. Love the design and craftsmanship.

10/14/2021 4:00 AM
Morning, ar3mia ! and... coffee drink

10/12/2021 11:55 AM
Evan Slack and CupOfJoe, Welcome !

In Memory Of Ginny
Donations

Latest Donations
JackH - 25.00
snwcmpr - 10.00
Anonymous - 2.00
Anonymous - 5.00
Anonymous - 5.00
Users Online
Guests Online: 13

Members Online: 0

Total Members: 7,362
Newest Member: nader fouad

View Thread

Who is here? 1 guest(s)
 Print Thread
My current grill/roaster
homeroaster
The first drum I introduced to home roasters was in 2001 and it could do about 13 Oz. Over the years I've improved on using a drum over a barbecue grill and I just wanted to show you what I am currently using to roast up to 10 lb batches at a time.
Surprisingly, the drum that I built in 2002 with a small modification to use a half inch axle instead of the standard barbecue grill axle is still my go-to. I've added a cover over the hole on the end of the drum so that I can increase the batch size without beans falling out. I will post pictures that are somewhat self-explanatory. I am using and inexpensive smoker grill body with a hurricane/banjo propane burner. Direct flame is buffered with perforated ceramic tiles that you can buy at any home store in the grill section. I purchased the motor on eBay years ago and it still works fine. I think if you look hard enough you could find one similar but it is a 59 RPM Japanese gear motor. The axle for my drum is a 3 ft long socket wrench extension, and the connection is a long socket where the square hole attaches to the axle and the hex end is chosen to fit snugly on the motor axle. I've drilled two set screw holes to fasten it tightly to the axle. Works like a charm.
The other end of the axle is supported with two pressed bearings that hold up extremely well under the heat and need no lubrication or maintenance at all. They're very cheap so if they do go wonky, I can go buy a couple more. You'll see all of this in the photos, but you are more than welcome to contact me via email or here.
Ed Needham
"to absurdity and beyond!"
http://www.homero...
http://www.facebo...EdNeedham1
allenb
Morning Ed, tried to access homeroaster.us but only a domain offering site came up. Let us know if the link is correct?
1/2 lb and 1 lb drum, Siemens Sirocco fluidbed, presspot, chemex, cajun biggin brewer from the backwoods of Louisiana
renatoa
And some DNS servers don't resolve it properly...

This site canít be reached
Check if there is a typo in www.homeroaster.us.

DNS_PROBE_FINISHED_NXDOMAIN
JackH
I get the main screen but it goes to the domain offering site when enter is selected.

homeroasters.org/forum/attachments/capture_81.jpg
JackH attached the following image:
capture_81.jpg

---Jack

KKTO Roaster.
Jump to Forum: