renatoa
04/18/2024 12:36 AM
bijurexim, greyberry2, N C, welcome2

renatoa
04/17/2024 9:27 AM
morning, branchu

renatoa
04/14/2024 5:56 AM
TheOtherJim and papajim, welcome to forum !

allenb
04/11/2024 6:33 PM
Zemona Welcome

renatoa
04/11/2024 9:19 AM
Mrbones and sgupta, coffee drink ?

In Memory Of Ginny
Donations

Latest Donations
dmccallum - 10.00
JackH - 25.00
snwcmpr - 10.00
Anonymous - 2.00
Anonymous - 5.00
Users Online
Guests Online: 2

Members Online: 0

Total Members: 8,211
Newest Member: bijurexim

View Thread

Who is here? 1 guest(s)
 Print Thread
Howdy from Houston.
Scap
Hey everyone!
I've just joined, but have been home roasting for a few months with my SR540.
I think I've already gone through about 12#.

A few weeks ago I added a couple of TC's and Artisan software to the mix, and that rabbit hole is deep and wide. Lol.

My favorite beans are Ethiopian Natural process.

My favorite grinder is a Fellow Ode.

My favorite coffee maker is a Chemex.

I didn't start drinking "real" coffee until I was close to 35, but I'm playing catch up as quick as I can.

Thanks for having me, and I look forward to reading until my eyes cross and my brain gives me a "blue screen".

Regards,
Scap

allenb
Hi Scap and big welcome to HRO! I grew up in Bellaire and Sharpstown area before moving to the Klein area for a few years. None of it is recognizable anymore from when I last lived there with all the growth.

Great to have you on board and be sure to post often! Oh, be sure to let us know your thoughts on your grinder. I've heard good things about it.
1/2 lb and 1 lb drum, Siemens Sirocco fluidbed, presspot, chemex, cajun biggin brewer from the backwoods of Louisiana

Scap
Thank you for the warm welcome.

Houston has changed so much, none of it is recognizable any more.

I love the Ode grinder. It's relatively quiet and does a great job grinding. It grinds as good as my Hario but I get to press a button versus manual grinding.

Jump to Forum: