Not a member yet?
Click here to register.

Forgotten your password?
Request a new one here.
Shoutbox
You must login to post a message.

renatoa
07/02/2022 1:24 AM
Welcome, Bassfisherman and heartwarriordad !

renatoa
06/30/2022 1:15 AM
justvann, morning

renatoa
06/24/2022 1:13 AM
shdixon, Welcome !

renatoa
06/21/2022 3:18 AM
@NickQ, MW and Bert, coffee drink !

renatoa
06/15/2022 7:51 AM
Welcome, @Vulp !

In Memory Of Ginny
Donations

Latest Donations
dmccallum - 10.00
JackH - 25.00
snwcmpr - 10.00
Anonymous - 2.00
Anonymous - 5.00
Users Online
Guests Online: 7

Members Online: 0

Total Members: 7,602
Newest Member: Bassfisherman

View Thread

Who is here? 1 guest(s)
 Print Thread
Roaster908 - A New Roaster Category
CK
After 2+ years of effort, research and development, and months of trial roasts (about 40-50kg), I'm sharing the current look of the Roaster908; It's a one-of-a-kind prototype that hopes to motivate others to develop a new type of roaster design.

This machine has been working for well over 6 months with promising results. It is producing nicely flavoured coffees... some power profiles can be seen here. https://homeroast...ad_id=6709
The machine can run manually or fully automatic from Artisan, and is controlled via a TC4 shield and Arduino UNO... a big thank you to Greencardigan for producing and selling the TC4 shield.

Basic Roaster908 features are;
1. 908g capacity, 3Kw electric roaster
2. Integrated green bean hopper and charge port
3. Integrated bean drop system
4. Chaff collection cyclone and vent system
5. Integrated bean cooling system
CK attached the following image:
roaster908.jpg

Edited by CK on 02/23/2022 7:27 PM
Technivorm Moccamaster, Breville SGP, Transparent Roaster, Roaster908

renatoa
Roastimus Prime Grin !

Intrigued by the capacity figure, which you considered so important that it deserves to be part of the name...
Is this two pounds in grams ?
Edited by renatoa on 02/05/2022 5:16 AM

CK
You are correct Renato, 908 grams capacity or 2 pounds. It's not meant to be an official name, but an introduction... everyone needs a title of some sort. Roastimus Prime sounds interesting ThumbsUp

Actually, I was designing it as a 1kg machine, and have run a few 1kg roasts, but when maxed out the BT readings don't display well at that batch size... I think it relates to the probe placement being too deep in the bean pile. The sweet spot for a good profile reading is around 680 grams... that being said, the coffee from some 908g batches tasted quite nice despite what the profile showed on screen.
Edited by CK on 02/07/2022 6:14 PM

allenb
Hey CK, amazing looking roaster!!! Love the style and esthetics. Can't wait to hear more about the internals but if it is a real novel approach, keep the specifics close to your belt as the orient is watching very closely.
1/2 lb and 1 lb drum, Siemens Sirocco fluidbed, presspot, chemex, cajun biggin brewer from the backwoods of Louisiana

CK
Thanks for the feedback and advice Allen, it's appreciated. If there is an interested producer out there, this photograph is for them to review. Maybe they'll design a machine with a similar layout. I encourage others to build differently or mimic this design. Some product engineers might be waiting for their company to fund the development of a new style roaster... it's a long road. If they need an idea employee, here I amGrin, if not, their hard work and research will be rewarded for their own efforts.
Edited by CK on 02/07/2022 6:14 PM

Jump to Forum: